Walter The Softy Sham

I don't normally talk politics and I have no religion, but I thought I would have to say something about Jacob Rees Mogg.
Now for years he has been playing the role of a 'Gallant Edwardian' in his speech mannerism and dress. At first I bought into it as 'Eccentricity' But its not its a sham, a total sham.
If he was what he pretends he was then after a failed coup against matron, he would have surely felt compelled to step down from public office.
Now while I'm not advocating that he go home and shut the study doors behind him so all that's heard by the butler is a bang and a dull thud .
But I am disappointed that he is on TV banging on about a Brexit with a majority of 51/48 being written in stone while completely a ignoring a 63/ 47 vote for him to shut up and toe the line?
Am I missing something or have we become so use to being led around by the nose by phoneys?

I think a crowd-funded assassination is the solution.

Far easier to sexually entrap him and the nanny as god alone knows what they get up to? I bet it involves poppers and pilchards.

Quote: beaky @ 14th December 2018, 12:46 PM

I think a crowd-funded assassination is the solution.

Definitely.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 14th December 2018, 1:18 PM

Far easier to sexually entrap him and the nanny as god alone knows what they get up to? I bet it involves poppers and pilchards.

This betrays more about you than about him, much as I loathe the bastard. Sick. Do you even know the Nanny?

Thanks for two bob introduction to pseudo Freudian proxy diagnosis, if this offends you ignore it, that's what grown ups do , or so I've heard.

Quote: Briosaid @ 14th December 2018, 8:56 PM

This betrays more about you than about him, much as I loathe the bastard. Sick. Do you even know the Nanny?

In fairness to Teddy, we have to acknowledge that this was a comedic remark made about two figures who have been in the news. One of those figures is a widely unpopular politician and the other is someone very close to him who has appeared in newspaper photographs and news reports.

If any attempt were made to sue Teddy for defamation, the case would almost certainly fail because the law allows vastly more latitude to comedians than it does to the general public when it comes to saying unpleasant things about other people, particularly when those other people are public figures (and Jacob's nanny, whether she or we like it or not, is now something of a public figure). In such cases, the law departs drastically from its usual policy of being an ass and takes the very sensible view that what was said was intended as a joke and was not intended (and neither was it likely) to reduce the insulted persons' status in the eyes of anybody who read or heard the published remark.

Essentially, the joke paints a graphic, shocking (and hopefully, to many people amusing) image of two public figures in the mind of the reader/listener. It's classic comedy and, although people have every right to be offended by it, we have to bear in mind that this is a comedy website and therefore we must allow contributors every possible latitude when judging their posts.

Thanks for that Rood it was well put and authoritative at one point I thought I had stumbled into a Rumpole of the Bailey sketch. I agree with what you said, but the reality behind this is that the person is using an alias and is in fact a person I have argued with in the past.
I was wondering how you could have a moral compass that twitches at innuendo but endorses assassination? It was a contradictory stance from the get go so then I realised it was just a hand grenade rolled into the room.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 14th December 2018, 10:01 PM

Thanks for two bob introduction to pseudo Freudian proxy diagnosis, if this offends you ignore it, that's what grown ups do , or so I've heard.

I usually do tend to ignore schoolboy humour.

I am not getting dragged into an argument so can we leave it at this please ? Its not what I do anymore and I don't need it all as its just negative. So I'm sorry if I offended you and have a happy Christmas .

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 15th December 2018, 5:56 AM

I am not getting dragged into an argument so can we leave it at this please ? Its not what I do anymore and I don't need it all as its just negative. So I'm sorry if I offended you and have a happy Christmas .

No! We can't! You started it so you have to take the consequences.

So I'll charge you for the 10 minute argument.

I told a joke on a comedy page and thats all . Now as its comedy and I want to keep it that way, lets have any replies done through comedy on the Critique page . I think thats the best way to resolve it and if its funny I will be the first to agree even if I am the target (Not like that would happen on here)
So lets comedy write our way out shall we? . I've just set the ball rolling down there with a flimsy innuendo piece and I don't take offence at Scouse stereo types or that I'm a bit thick and uncouth, so theres plenty of material. Lets do it

A Jockess and a Scouser having a barney.
leave it, leave it - we've all had a nice drink of tea.

Aye up lad nice to see thy on T'inernet I hope you're well.
The comedy gauntlets been thrown down Steve and you know the law it can't be picked up and left on a wall like its just lost, it was thrown and it stays thrown, In fact I'm going to pick it up and throw it further , in critique of course

I read somewhere that Mogg has said in interviews how he models his apearance on Walter for effect.

I don't understand how bellend Boris is still an MP even though he resigned.

He didn't resign as an MP!

If Teresa May resigned today as PM she would still an MP

Two separate things