Newsjack Series 20 - February 2019 Page 13

Newsjack. Copyright: BBC.

Newsjack

Topical satirical sketch show on Radio 4 Extra. The programme has an 'open door' policy allowing anyone to submit material

Danno

• Thursday 21st February 2019, 7:00pm
  • Azerbaijan
  • 289 posts

props to all the 'ins' and 'not quites'

no room at the inn for me this week, but at least i'm keeping it biblical

Bonzo

• Thursday 21st February 2019, 7:08pm
  • London, England
  • 814 posts

Congrats to all the ins and nearlys, nothing for us this week.

AidanMcComedy

• Thursday 21st February 2019, 7:11pm
  • England
  • 21 posts

First time I've had an in or a maybe since September 2017 - tenacity pays! Well done to all the others who got in this week and good luck to everyone next week.

Gjp69

• Thursday 21st February 2019, 7:49pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 4 posts

Great job everyone who got the emails. Nothing for me this week. Looking forward to hearing more of the good week / bad week to see how it grows.

GAP1

• Thursday 21st February 2019, 8:21pm
  • Wales
  • 63 posts

I got the "almost" e-mail.

Kenny Bania

• Thursday 21st February 2019, 8:24pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 197 posts

Well done to all the ins and the nearly ins

Blinkered

• Thursday 21st February 2019, 8:39pm
  • Edinburgh, Scotland
  • 82 posts

Many congratulations to those blessed with either e-mail. In my experience of attending recordings, and then listening to the broadcast, there are few, if any, items obviously worthy of being cut. Very much a close call by the editors.

GoWithIt

• Thursday 21st February 2019, 10:03pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 154 posts

Well done to everyone for the nearlys and ins! Will be interesting to know which ones got on / nearly did!

J x

Stobbart42

• Thursday 21st February 2019, 10:52pm
  • Japan
  • 142 posts

Well done to those of you who got something on. Nothing for me. But then I only sent two jokes. I need to up my game.

AidanMcComedy

• Friday 22nd February 2019, 9:03am
  • England
  • 21 posts
Quote: B T F @ 21st February 2019, 11:28 PM

Danno's question, does anyone have experience of one-liner sorting or how it works?

I guess a group of them go through all the entries? Getting in can feel like a lottery, perhaps because you have to write something decent AND hope whoever reads it appreciates your humour?

Auditchris

• Friday 22nd February 2019, 9:04am
  • Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
  • 122 posts

Well my Super Mario breaking news made the show. It wasn't my favourite but I'm terrible at judging my own material!

Always wonderful to get a credit, such a buzz.

B T F

• Friday 22nd February 2019, 9:08am [Edited]
  • United Kingdom
  • 156 posts
Quote: AidanMcComedy @ 22nd February 2019, 9:03 AM

I guess a group of them go through all the entries? Getting in can feel like a lottery, perhaps because you have to write something decent AND hope whoever reads it appreciates your humour?

Yes. I think there is a lot of the lottery about it.

Quote: Auditchris @ 22nd February 2019, 9:04 AM

Well my Super Mario breaking news made the show. It wasn't my favourite but I'm terrible at judging my own material!

Always wonderful to get a credit, such a buzz.

Well done for getting on.

Danno

• Friday 22nd February 2019, 9:56am
  • Azerbaijan
  • 289 posts

I'm just curious as to how NJ divi it all up and keep everyone fresh. Also, if you're reading a hundred jokes and three are excruciatingly similar, how do you pick? Be encouraging to think that in those situations someone without a credit would get the nod (that's assuming NJ have a black book of names).
Anyway, it is what it is, bit naughty of me dredging all this back up because I know it's been discussed to within an inch of its life a few forums ago.

B T F

• Friday 22nd February 2019, 10:07am [Edited]
  • United Kingdom
  • 156 posts
Quote: Danno @ 22nd February 2019, 9:56 AM

I'm just curious as to how NJ divi it all up and keep everyone fresh. Also, if you're reading a hundred jokes and three are excruciatingly similar, how do you pick? Be encouraging to think that in those situations someone without a credit would get the nod (that's assuming NJ have a black book of names).
Anyway, it is what it is, bit naughty of me dredging all this back up because I know it's been discussed to within an inch of its life a few forums ago.

No probs Danno.
And yes it is what it is. No point in extensive discussion..

Thosisd

• Friday 22nd February 2019, 11:04am [Edited]
  • United Kingdom
  • 274 posts

Apparently I had a one liner, a good week/bad week, and a sketch all recorded...and all cut in edit.

Talk about a mixed bag of emotions right now!