Bohemian Rhapsody

Anyone seen this? Any thoughts?

My daughter went and enjoyed it. Said her favourite bit was when a gay sex scene came on and the middle aged bloke in front of her put his hands over his eyes and said to his wife "What the hell have they done that for, Freddie Mercury wasn't gay!"

I wonder how it would have turned out if they'd kept Sacha Baron Cohen? Less mediocre and less of a crowd-pleaser? Or would his antics have made it silly?

Mamma, just killed a film...

From a visual perspective, SBC would have made an excellent Freddie.

Rami Malek, however, looks like Freddie might have looked after living on lettuce for two or three months.

According to Internet sources, Freddie was only about 7 pounds heavier than Rami. I don't know how accurate that figure is but, if it's anything like accurate, Rami's skeleton must be made out of lead piping.

A number of celebrity websites say he weighs in at around 11 stone but, to my eyes, he's closer to 9.

My mum was never a Freddie Mercury fan, but she loved this film. I'll watch it at some point as, contrary to my mother's tastes, I am a Freddie fan. And I quite liked what I saw of Rami Malek in Mr Robot.

Not interested in watching a film about a hugely overrated band that thought it was fine to play live in a country using apartheid

F**k 'em

Just watched this on Amazon. Bought the extended version that included the full re-enactment of their live aid concert. It was a brilliant film. Watch it.