books of scripts

Anybody know if Not Going Out is doing a book of the scripts?

Anybody recommend any good ones I should get? Every Ruddy Word (Partridge) is my constant companion at the moment.

i'll take that as a no then.

I guess any of them are insightful and all of them pretty helpful if you're learning about structure and what works/what doesn't. You get to see what cuts they made too, a lot of good stuff is cut out for time.

I have all the Fools and Horses ones, Red Dwarf 8, Extras, Green Wing series 1 and Porridge

The Thick Of It has just come out too. That should be good -- I may get that one.

Hope this helps

Dan

There are some long sentences in The Thick of It..

Come the f**k in or f**k the f**k off being the most succinct and fabulous one.

If you take out the swear words I reckon they'd be quite short...

Quote: jacparov @ October 18, 2007, 7:36 PM

Every Ruddy Word (Partridge) is my constant companion at the moment.

I love this book too and find solace within whenever I am depressed with the world. I love re-reading Michael's speech about the apache helicopter and his 'mate'.
The Vicar of Dibley scriptbook helps me too along with Victoria Wood's 'Barmy', 'Up to you, Porky' and 'Mens Sana in Thingummy Doodah'.

Sorry, this comment isn't helping much, is it..?

The Rising Damp book of scripts is pretty damn good too.

I wasn't aware that there are books of most of these!

I'm pretty sure that I have Blackadder, Fawlty Towers and Porridge though.

The League of Gentlemen one is mahoosive.

Quote: Aaron @ October 20, 2007, 2:27 PM

I wasn't aware that there are books of most of these!

I'm pretty sure that I have Blackadder, Fawlty Towers and Porridge though.

Ah yes, the classic Fawlty Towers scriptbook! An absolute gem! I once bought it for my Mum in Hardback and I only have the paperback. I'd love to steal the hardback off her.

thanks for the replys guys, i would love to get my hands on the rising damp and league scripts, where did you get them from?

I have about ten/eleven books, i can't remember them all but here are a few,
Partridge, blackadder, mbb, royle family, extras, fawlty towers, porridge, frazier, father ted, only fools etc.

Partridge and father ted are my personnel faves.

I've got Seinfeld and The Office scripts.

I currently have script books for Bottom Series 2 and Southpark. Both are useful to look closer at script composition I find.

Def.

Every Ruddy Word is just transcripts, and they're not laid out right. The book is good for a laugh, but from a learning point of view it's useless.