Inside No 9 - Dead Line Page 3

All this could be solved by the people who didn't like shows which play tricks just turning the channel over.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 31st October 2018, 8:35 PM

All this could be solved by the people who didn't like shows which play tricks just turning the channel over.

I don't think anybody (on BCG, at least) is complaining about shows that play tricks, are they?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 31st October 2018, 8:35 PM

Sadly, nothing is solved by turning over.
The poor quality work is still there.
:(

I've never complained about bad shows I haven't watched, I don't know about you.

Indeed.
How would you know that they're bad?

Thus solving the problem. :)

Just seen this episode and I honestly wished I had watched this live as I feel like it was an experience I missed out on! But this episode blew my mind, how they fit so many different topics in 30 minutes was impressive to say the least. Although, I watched it on iPlayer I still felt confused when the sound stopped during the beginning of the episode. This was also the one episode that truly terrified me, especially when they started playing 'A Quiet Night In' and they had a little guest on the show...

Anybody feel the same way, it being the scariest episode?

Quote: Ututa @ 26th February 2019, 10:36 PM

this episode blew my mind.

You are Reece Shearsmith (or Steve Pemberton) and I claim my five pounds! :D

I wish I was, but I am just an 'Inside No 9' fan who need likeminded people to discuss the twisted works of Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith. Honestly chuffed to be compared to them though

Quote: Ututa @ 27th February 2019, 12:38 AM

I wish I was, but I am just an 'Inside No 9' fan who need likeminded people to discuss the twisted works of Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith. Honestly chuffed to be compared to them though

Fair enough.

"Dead Line" attracted mixed reviews on this site but I think there is broad agreement that Messrs Pemberton and Shearsmith are (usually) the dog's whatsits when it comes to writing and performing weird and wonderful scripts.

I have just only just watched this today. I was actually disappointed, seemed very disjointed with no real pay off for me.

I enjoyed this, especially with all the build-up on social media beforehand. It was a great event all round, but, as soon as the TV announcer said, "Hello?" in a worried voice, it was too false and I kinda cringed. As others have said, I'd really like to see the episode they were 'supposed' to be airing. I was so up for that. I think we all knew it was likely to be a bit different from the norm, so I'm guessing a lot of people DIDN'T turn off at the first sign of trouble. It was a bit of fun at Halloween...what's not to like about that.