For Facts Sake

For Facts Sake.

G180e

• Saturday 6th October 2018, 9:38pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,260 posts

New six-part panel show starting next Monday (15th) fronted by Brendan O'Carroll. The idea sounds good, I'm looking forward to it.

beaky

• Saturday 6th October 2018, 9:44pm
  • Malaga and Brighton, United Kingdom
  • 2,317 posts

So long as the usual panel show guests aren't on it.

Definitely Tarby

• Saturday 6th October 2018, 10:59pm
  • South South West, England
  • 1,310 posts

Never been a fan of Mrs Brown's Boys but will be interested to see Brendan as a presenter. If the fast wit and Irish charm are there it could be a hit.

Rood Eye

• Sunday 7th October 2018, 8:18am
  • England
  • 569 posts
Quote: beaky @ 6th October 2018, 9:44 PM

So long as the usual panel show guests aren't on it.

Apparently, there will be two teams competing under Brendan's chairmanship. Each team will be captained by one of the cast (on a rotating basis) from Mrs Brown's Boys and the team members will be chosen from the audience.

Does that sound like a winning formula?

Lazzard

• Sunday 7th October 2018, 11:03am
  • Ludlow, England
  • 4,304 posts

He's f**king milking the brand a bit, isn't he?

Sitcomfan64

• Monday 15th October 2018, 10:27pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 336 posts

Brendan O Carroll is a naturally funny man. It's a shame then that he subjects us to some of, in my opinion mind, the worst television in recent memory. This was cringe inducingly awful.

Tommy Griff

• Monday 15th October 2018, 11:09pm
  • Wiltshire, England
  • 282 posts

Didn't watch it but is it basically Duck Quacks don't echo and Ask Rhod Gilbert?

Rood Eye

• Monday 15th October 2018, 11:58pm
  • England
  • 569 posts

Brendan O'Carroll is a very special comedian indeed. You can put him into a sitcom which, on paper, lacks almost every ingredient required to succeed and it will turn into solid gold (if the purity of comedy gold can be measured by the size of the audience it attracts and how much that audience say they love it).

I wasn't surprised, therefore, when he was put into a panel show which, on paper, should struggle to attract any sort of audience even in the middle of the afternoon yet which the BBC had decided to broadcast in a prime-time post-watershed slot.

Having just watched the first episode, I wouldn't be surprised if he was about to pull it off (Ooooh, missus!) again.