Newsjack Series 19 Page 30

Right, that's it, I'm quitting oneliners and I'm off to set up an STI clinic for ladybirds.

Quote: Thosisd @ 18th October 2018, 6:38 PM

Quick one - I've not been paid for ep 1 yet. Before I chase up, do they do it at the end of series in one go?

Yes, after the whole series.

Quote: Auditchris @ 18th October 2018, 6:00 PM

I got the good email. Been lucky this series!

Yay! Congrats Auditchris!

I've had e-mail to say I've made it on to the show tonight

Well done. Don't forget to post what it was later....

Quote: GAP1 @ 18th October 2018, 8:25 PM

I've had e-mail to say I've made it on to the show tonight

Well done GAP1! :)

Well done GAP1

tots respect GAP1

Delighted to hear success for Auditchris and GAP1. Savour the audience laughter.

Mine was the Blue Peter one-liner towards the end. Oddly enough another of the jokes I'd submitted - about bullying in the House Of Commons - was close to a gag that was featured near the start of the show. I thought that was going to be it, they'd re-worked it to make it funnier. But then towards the end the one about the elephant turned up.
"An MP has rejected claims of bullying in the House of Commons and says anyone who disagrees with him will get Chinese burns."
And well done to Auditchris, many congrats.

Not listened yet. What was yours Auditchris?

Congrats GAP1!

Mine was the 15 certificate joke. They did one on that story earlier in the show with a Lady Gaga angle so I didn't think it was going to be that one but they seem quite happy to have multiple jokes on a topic!

I caught the first 15 mins. That was a class gag, wish I'd thought of it.

Sayonara for now.

Good one liners Auditchris and Gap1

Also liked the peri-peri joke

Wasn't sure about some of the sketches, but thought the Trump one really stood out - great script, and great imitation of Trump

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 19th October 2018, 9:19 AM

Good one liners Auditchris and Gap1

Also liked the peri-peri joke

Well done Auditchris and Gap1, the 15 certificate and Blue Peter ones were good. I wasn't so keen on the peri peri one but hey different strokes!

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 19th October 2018, 9:19 AM

Wasn't sure about some of the sketches, but thought the Trump one really stood out - great script, and great imitation of Trump

Ah yes Lewis MacLeod's Trump is a force of nature!

Quote: Danno @ 18th October 2018, 6:43 PM

Right, that's it, I'm quitting oneliners and I'm off to set up an STI clinic for ladybirds.

Don't quit Danno.
I must admit, I am going to put more effort into one liners next time and less time into sketches. I have done 2 sketches a week and these really eat time up and the odds are not good.