Newsjack Series 19 Page 27

@KB The NJ templates have it pretty much covered I reckon but this might be helpful too, just in general (don't bother about the title page though).

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/scripts/bbcradiocue.pdf

This may be sucking on obvious eggs, but remember to title your file attachment with your name and sketch title so if (and that's a massive gargantuan IF in my case) they like it, they can find it again without going round the houses.

Right, back to laughing at my own oneliners!

Good luck with it, hope you hit a home run

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 14th October 2018, 8:35 AM

Thanks BTF - much appreciated - and good luck with the last episode. And don't give up - I had a one liner on back in Feb 2017, ironically after I'd read a piece by Dave Cohen saying how difficult it was to get something on

Depending on the weather, I'm often working a lot on Sunday. However, looks like I'm at home all day today so will endeavour to get 2 sketches in ( have already drafted one but not as organised as Callooh Callay )

Good luck.

Quote: Danno @ 14th October 2018, 9:04 AM

@KB The NJ templates have it pretty much covered I reckon but this might be helpful too, just in general (don't bother about the title page though).

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/scripts/bbcradiocue.pdf

This may be sucking on obvious eggs, but remember to title your file attachment with your name and sketch title so if (and that's a massive gargantuan IF in my case) they like it, they can find it again without going round the houses.

Right, back to laughing at my own oneliners!

Good luck with it, hope you hit a home run

Thanks Danno - very helpful

I'm also sitting here laughing at my own oneliners, but, more importantly, at yours too, as currently relaxing at my second home in Azerbaijan

By the way, how many Harrods loyalty cards have you got ?

baahaha....it was just a bit of tupperware your honour, i had no idea how expensive it was.

Just sent in my One-Liners as life gets in the way of writing for the next few days - and I got an immediate auto-reply. I count that as a successful end to the series!

Two sketches gone in. Auto reply.

gag writers, what is your opinion, if you have two gags you think are winners are you better off sending in those two gags by themselves or does it look better to send six jokes, knowing that 4 of them are not up to snuff?

Send in all 6 with the best 2 at the top of the list because
1. If they are your best 2 you make a good first impression and they read the others more favourably
2. You may think 4 are less good, but the script editors edit to the point of re-writing, if they see a gem hidden in your submission
3. There are no penalty points for including duff ones i e no down side only an upside
Your call of course but I would be interested to know how it goes.
Best of luck!

Agree with Watch Maker.

There we go. Last sketches off for this series. One on fracking, one on how we should eat less beef to reduce carbon emissions.
Panicked for a bit when I saw Newsjack tweet that it wouldn't be back until next February, then I remembered that it's October. I was thinking it was February now.
Fork me I'm tired.

Two sketches put together this morning. One ten minutes before deadline.

Fell asleep early last night and woke up in a panic. More effort going into one liners.

Quote: Thosisd @ 15th October 2018, 12:24 PM

Two sketches put together this morning. One ten minutes before deadline.

Fell asleep early last night and woke up in a panic. More effort going into one liners.

Why do we put ourselves through this...
:D:D:D:D

Hope I dipped under the wire, the received email came back at 12:04 so who knows with Harry being allowed to choose the name of the upcoming a Royal baby

FYI - If it's a boy Optimus Prime, if it's a girl Captain Plums.

Quote: B T F @ 15th October 2018, 1:05 PM

Why do we put ourselves through this...
:D:D:D:D

I know, right?

I've now got the opposite problem. One too many one liners and cannot decide which one to kill.

How's everyone else doing?

So, now Angela Barnes has announced she is departing what are the odds on the new host being a white male:D