Newsjack Series 19 Page 26

Quote: Exe Chris @ 11th October 2018, 6:25 PM

I got the good email! Nothing for 3 years then 2 in 3 weeks. I'm guessing it was a one-liner as I didn't send any sketches in and the NJpedias were very ordinary.

Excellent! Congrats.

Well done for the close call Calooh Calley, and congratulations to Exe Chris for being broadcast...perseverance pays.

Quote: GAP1 @ 11th October 2018, 8:29 PM

Well done everyone who got e-mails. If anyone's interested, I got an e-mail from Comedy Wire this evening asking for volunteers to take part in an open mic session in New York on Monday - might be a bit far.

Great. I love New York.

Quote: Exe Chris @ 11th October 2018, 6:25 PM

I got the good email! Nothing for 3 years then 2 in 3 weeks. I'm guessing it was a one-liner as I didn't send any sketches in and the NJpedias were very ordinary.

Excellent. I have been trying since Angela started. God knows how long that is with no success. Interesting that there can be dry periods for years then 2 in a series.

So I got the good email! Second week running!! I'm just listening to it now.

I didn't have to wait very long to find out what I got on, turns out it was the very first joke after the monologue

Well done DeathbyMonkey. You did well last series too if I remember.

Have they invited anyone to go to a writers' meeting or join their writers' room?

A two episode combo? That's unheard of! Amazing work.

Have the podcast ready to listen to in car this morning.

Decent episode. My fav sketch was the Bond one. My fav oneliner was probably 'one Bourne every minute.'

Well done Exe-Chris and DbM, also pat on the back for CC.

Pleased to say I squeaked one in too last night, the Jackapedia about shredding.

And agree the one Bourne every minute was my favourite joke last night too.

Nice work. Thought this was a good week for Newsjackipedia's.

yup, the shredder joke was a chortler, well done! Agreed, One Bourne every minute was top drawer.

Only caught bits of the show (including AB's shock resignation ;), will have a better listen over the weekend as i hatch my plans for one last hurrah.

Well done StephenM

but ashamed to say the Bourne one initially went over my head...........I really must get out more

Enjoyed the pumpkin spice njp

Quote: StephenM @ 12th October 2018, 9:53 AM

Well done Exe-Chris and DbM, also pat on the back for CC.

Pleased to say I squeaked one in too last night, the Jackapedia about shredding.

And agree the one Bourne every minute was my favourite joke last night too.

Well done Stephen, Exe Chris, DbM and Callooh Callay!! :)

Apologies as I think I've asked a similar question before - and now can't find the answer someone ( think it was Bonzo ) kindly posted - but on the downloaded sketch template, on the bit above 'sketch title' where it mentions a news story reference is this where one is supposed to put in Angela's intro ?
And is it important to suggest sound effects / music or does anyone submit dialogue without these ?
Thanks in advance for any help

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 13th October 2018, 11:24 PM

Apologies as I think I've asked a similar question before - and now can't find the answer someone ( think it was Bonzo ) kindly posted - but on the downloaded sketch template, on the bit above 'sketch title' where it mentions a news story reference is this where one is supposed to put in Angela's intro ?
And is it important to suggest sound effects / music or does anyone submit dialogue without these ?
Thanks in advance for any help

Not a good person to ask but as nobody better has replied yet I am afraid I just bung it in below the title and below the news link. I put sound effects if the sketch needs them like 'door opens' or 'loud bang' and sometimes music. More often, sound effects go in mine. They do pay royalties I think for some tunes but I have never got one on over 4 series so maybe not the best to reply!

Quote: Bonzo @ 23rd September 2018, 6:44 PM

we generally put it as part of the sketch - so just type 'Angela' or 'Intro' at the start and bobs your uncle.

I think this was Bonzo's reply before.

Thanks BTF - much appreciated - and good luck with the last episode. And don't give up - I had a one liner on back in Feb 2017, ironically after I'd read a piece by Dave Cohen saying how difficult it was to get something on

Depending on the weather, I'm often working a lot on Sunday. However, looks like I'm at home all day today so will endeavour to get 2 sketches in ( have already drafted one but not as organised as Callooh Callay )