Not Going Out - Series 10 Page 3

Thank you!
I have actually been before to 2 episodes of Series 9 and planned it quite well to get front row. However this year I'm apparently on the guest list so I'm just curious as to the main differences?

If you're on the Guest List then I presume you're guaranteed but I can't say 100%.

If you're on the guest list then you don't have to queue up for hours - you just have to arrive by a certain time (normally about half an hour before the doors open) and are guaranteed entry. Do clarify the exact arrangements with whoever's got you onto the list though!

Meanwhile, our questions about this year's Christmas special have now been answered! https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5115/not_going_out_live/

On the subject of this year's live Christmas special, Lee Mack says: "What could possibly go wrong? Loads."

He's right, of course - but he's also wrong. If anything does go wrong on the night, the cast will have to improvise and the audience in the studio and at home will absolutely love it and the episode will be even funnier than it would have been if everything had gone according to plan.

On that basis, very little can go wrong because anything that does go "wrong" adds to the comedy and is therefore not wrong but completely right.

Unless they completely balls-up and miss laying work for plotlines that they've already filmed being exploited in Series 10.

Well as they say to make an omelette you have to break a few eggs.

I've just received an email about tickets.

Quote: Aaron @ 26th November 2018, 2:09 PM

If you're on the guest list then you don't have to queue up for hours - you just have to arrive by a certain time (normally about half an hour before the doors open) and are guaranteed entry. Do clarify the exact arrangements with whoever's got you onto the list though!

Meanwhile, our questions about this year's Christmas special have now been answered! https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5115/not_going_out_live/

Thanks. We've got tickets for the recording on Friday, I see it's being broadcast live at 9pm but we need to be there at 7.30 so maybe it's a run through first.

Noticeable lack of promotion for the live special tomorrow.

I was wondering about that-hope all's well.

I've seen a commercial for it with Lee advising that the show is going out live and Lucy looking suitably aghast on hearing this. Of course they can't show a trailer...

Hopefully if it all goes wrong we can laugh with them.

Live TV broadcasts are happening every day and it's very rare that anything technical goes wrong sufficiently badly as to disrupt the transmission.

If anything goes wrong on stage for Lee and his cohorts, as I said in a previous post it'll be absolutely hilarious and the programme will be all the funnier and therefore the better for it.

Essentially, anything that goes wrong will from a comedic perspective be going absolutely right!