Who Is America?

Anybody else catch Sacha Baron Cohen's latest last night? I enjoyed it, even if at times it was essentially Brass Eye. Nice to see Baron Cohen hasn't lost his deliciously awkward interviewing style.

At his best, SBC is a leading figure on the comedy stage. His performances as Ali G and Borat have already guaranteed his immortality. Sadly, however, he does have a penchant for inflicting unbearable agonies of embarrassment upon entirely innocent people. Dishonest and/or hypocritical politicians are, of course, fair game for even the most appalling treatment in the name of comedy, but there are limits when it comes to offending decent trusting ordinary people. SBC would be well-advised to "rein it in, just a bit" when dealing with ordinary folk.

Thanks for the reminder Sitcomfan64, I'm a big Sacha fan. Considering he sends up Palestinians , Jews and the disabled, its a bit surprising that the group asking for this to be banned are American Republicans, despite two Democrats being lampooned in the series.

Joe Walsh and Sarah Palin have come out defending their part in this. The gun touting ,snowflake calling Sarah Palin, is exceptionally good at playing the victim. See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VNEJrsaOJk

Why does Palin have to be so good looking ? Why !

The Devil comes in many forms...

He doesn't exist.

Ho-l-y crap

Eps 2 was mental

That Jason Spencer dude is as mad as a box of frogs

If they'd put Episode 2 out as Episode 1, the series would have received a far better reception than it did.

Episode 1 started poorly and was thereafter hit and miss for the rest of the show. Episode 2, however, hit the ground running and kept up the pace until the closing credits.

If subsequent episodes of the series are as good as Episode 2, SBC has a hit on his hands.

Agreed. Its was good, and just got better. Loving it.

The waterboarding kit signed by Dick Cheney in Episode 2 is now for sale on eBay.

The auction closes shortly after midnight tomorrow (Thursday 26th July)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302816755824

Wow. This series is by turns hilarious and utterly terrifying. I thought episode 2 would peak with the first item. Then the rest of the episode happened. That last segment about the mosque, I have no words.

Agree with everyone else...

Ep one had a little trouble getting off the ground but episode 2 really 'hit' a lot!

Looking forward to 3.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 25th July 2018, 6:16 PM

The waterboarding kit signed by Dick Cheney in Episode 2 is now for sale on eBay.

The auction closes shortly after midnight tomorrow (Thursday 26th July)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302816755824

The water bottle made £6,365.23

I know a lot of idiots and jokers sometimes bid silly money on eBay just for a laugh but the bidders for this item had to be pre-approved so it was probably a genuine bid.

I've just watched this for the first time. The prosthetics look really obvious but I suppose this sums up America where so many people have had plastic surgery. It's amazing he kept a straight face.

Having watched Episode 2, I rather naïvely imagined they'd struggle to push the envelope much further.

Christ, was I wrong!

Episode 3 takes SBC's pranking to a whole new level that many viewers will have to watch through the cracks between their fingers while marvelling at this man's creativity and pure bloody nerve!

This whole series has been a bit of a rollercoaster...

Some absolute classic moments, but some moments which were far too cringeworthy to enjoy. I've just seen episode 5 and I don't think there was really a good part through the whole episode! (Perhaps barring the last line).