Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing Page 5

Quiet and welcoming, with the banter of two comedy greats.

Fergal Sharkey!

Lovely episode. So warming. Nice cooking scene too this week!

Things have been getting to me more recently, but I find this very affecting in general (as well as funny).

"It reminds me of one of the weaker Barlow associates".

The mix of them talking and the sights and sounds of wildlife fit perfectly. Kicking over the chair was a bit mean and he deserved those lines.

It is inappropriate to kick Robert's chair.
It is important to kick Robert's chair.

:D The way he's shouting at him like a teacher while holding a bottle of wine. I bet every school staff room has a few hidden booze stashes.

I used to love this programme but think it's getting a bit 'same-y' - Bob playing the daft lad to Paul's sensible adult. Might be better with a guest each week perhaps?

This remains an absolute joy and a very welcome escape at a time when we really need it! I loved Paul being indignant about Bob's chair.

Watched last week's episode again, there's more effort put into this than a lot of narrative stuff. Bliss.

The Boy Who Cried Fox.

The team behind filming and editing deserve some recognition for the serene vibe of the series. As Richie from Bottom might say "British film making Eddie, best in the world".

The shots of wildlife are perfectly timed to be a welcome sight and it must take some effort to set up the cameras and microphones.

I hope they recommission this forever. It's perfect television. The last episode was just lovely. A poignant, warm ode to friendship.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5967/gone-fishing-series-4/

The Christmas Special is one of the best things I've seen this year. Especially nice to see Chris Rea. And the ending, I won't spoil it, put a huge grin on my face.