Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing Page 4

Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing. Image shows from L to R: Bob Mortimer, Paul Whitehouse. Copyright: Owl Power.

Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing

Comedy series observing Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer fishing together

Sitcomfan64

• Friday 6th September 2019, 10:06pm
  • England
  • 550 posts

Funniest show on TV by a country mile. I'd go so far as to say it's truly life enriching stuff. I couldn't care less about fishing but their friendship is an utter joy to witness and I hope this series runs and runs. It can't be very expensive to make!

Chappers

• Friday 6th September 2019, 10:22pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,342 posts

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the funniest show on TV but very funny, very genuine and just natural with 2 naturally funny unscripted men.

Alfred J Kipper

• Saturday 7th September 2019, 11:18am
  • Aldershot, England
  • 5,852 posts

Good banter, nice scenery. I sometimes think Whitehouse's talent engulfs Mortimer and shows him up but Bob is so easy going it makes him very likeable. I do find some of the heart surgeon stuff a bit scary though, makes me a bit nervous of eating that pizza with a beer while I'm watching it. Purely fishing I'd find it a more comfortable watch.

Rood Eye

• Saturday 7th September 2019, 11:46am [Edited]
  • England
  • 2,570 posts
Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th September 2019, 11:18 AM

I sometimes think Whitehouse's talent engulfs Mortimer and shows him up

I know what you mean but, in terms of comedic style, the two men are chalk and cheese and are thus not readily comparable.

I see a lot of the old "straight man and funny man" in them, with Paul as the irritable straight man and Bob as the lovable buffoon. I know Paul is a sensationally talented comedian but that's the vibe I frequently get from their interactions in this show.

Whoever cast (see what I did there?) the two of them is an excellent judge of what complements what in comedy.

And I reely mean that.

(See? I did it again). Laughing out loud

Aaron

• Monday 9th September 2019, 4:35pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,345 posts

I adore this series, really. It just oozes warmth and comic brilliance from start to end. Longing for news of Series 3 (and onwards).

I particularly enjoy the cooking bits. Indeed, I'd love to see a spin-off, Moretimer & Whitehouse Go Cooking.

Nil Putters

• Monday 9th September 2019, 6:51pm [Edited]
  • A galaxy far, far away or, England
  • 28,687 posts

Love this show.

chipolata

• Tuesday 10th September 2019, 6:36am
  • England
  • 29,653 posts

I sort of enjoy this show, and admire the two guys immensely, but I never feel that compelled to watch it religiously. It doesn't grab me,

Quote: Nil Putters @ 9th September 2019, 6:51 PM

Love this show.

Putters! Nice to have you back, even if just for a drive-by.