Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing Page 2

Alfred J Kipper

• Thursday 26th July 2018, 10:50pm [Edited]
  • Aldershot, England
  • 5,452 posts

I've caught that's caught :( the last two eps and thought most of the above. It's undoubtedly a Trip cash in but that's as much down to the TV bods as the egos on the screen. The good news is it's proved to be a worthy cash in and their egos aren't as puke making as Brydon's who tends to want to hog everything he does. And watching egos fish is not as irritating as watching them eat Michelin starred nosh. This looks a much more genuine and deserved show.

These two are more grounded and while the banter is predictable Whitehouse can outdo Brydon & Coogan on most impressions although they are more generic than specific persons. He's also the fisherman and has really brought Bob along for the trip. Likeable prog cos of its stars.

garyd

• Friday 27th July 2018, 2:15pm
  • England
  • 701 posts
Quote: Rood Eye @ 26th July 2018, 1:58 PM

Having watched all six episodes of this series, I could happily watch another 60, or even 600, and still want more. Both Mortimer and Whitehouse are fellows of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy, with flashes of merriment wont to set the table on a roar but, more than that, they have been revealed by this series as thoroughly likeable (even lovable) individuals.

I suspect that, as a result of this series, their stock (both personal and professional) has risen enormously.

Absolutement.

I've enjoyed every minute of this.
I don't know why but it made me go all warm inside.
I'm not sure Bob wouldn't get on one's tits after a while but I'd be prepared to find out.
I've always thought he was a better comedy performer than Vic, though I wonder what percentage of writing each does.
Paul is a Spurs supporter so he's okay by me.
Oh, and he's extremely funny and seems very intelligent.
Maybe they could do a series where they test their hearts by undertaking some extreme sports e.g. hang gliding, rock climbing etc., though likely Bob might prefer to go down the crochet route, or washing up.

Hope there is a follow up doing whatever.

Aaron

• Sunday 29th July 2018, 4:17pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 67,981 posts

I too absolutely adored the series. So warm and reassuring, yet also laugh-out-loud funny, interesting and revealing. A delicious mixture.

Lalala

• Monday 6th August 2018, 8:43am
  • Australia
  • 2 posts

Has there been any word on whether it'll come out on DVD? I'm not in the UK so can't (in theory) access content on the BBC iPlayer.

Aaron

• Monday 6th August 2018, 11:35am
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 67,981 posts

There hasn't, no. Not impossible but I wouldn't have thought it overly likely for this one.

Lalala

• Monday 6th August 2018, 10:33pm
  • Australia
  • 2 posts

No.... Oh well,

Sitcomfan64

• Thursday 9th August 2018, 8:13pm
  • England
  • 324 posts

Series 2 confirmed. Couldn't be happier!

Rood Eye

• Thursday 9th August 2018, 9:40pm
  • England
  • 476 posts

I'm absolutely delighted it's been recommissioned: clearly, the BBC know a recipe for success when they see one.

800,000 people in the UK are living with heart failure.

2 million people in the UK have chronic angina.

2.6 million people in the UK have coronary heart disease.

3 million people in the UK go fishing.

And almost everybody in the UK likes comedy!