British Comedy Guide

Good News, Bad News (Quick Animation)

Yacob Wingnut

• Sunday 3rd June 2018, 10:20am [Edited]
  • England
  • 709 posts

Hello All

Here's a quick animation of mine: https://youtu.be/prd-_mcm-9w .

Any thoughts on the script, look, voices, sound, editing and whatever else would be lovely!

Yacob

beaky

• Sunday 3rd June 2018, 10:26am [Edited]
  • Malaga and Brighton, United Kingdom
  • 2,730 posts

Very good, Yacob. The drawing looks a bit Family Guyish, no bad thing. Love the woman covering the child's eyes at the end.

gappy

• Sunday 3rd June 2018, 11:10am
  • Oxford, England
  • 2,047 posts

As is often the case with your, stuff, very good indeed.

As is also often the case, I felt the delivery was a bit slow, and I guessed what was coming, which I might not had the pace been upped. The reveal was beautifully managed, though, I loved the chance of sound as well as image.

Godot Taxis

• Monday 4th June 2018, 1:57am
  • England
  • 5,256 posts

It's a very good gag. I don't like the style of the drawing, but who cares what I think.

Flook

• Monday 4th June 2018, 7:24pm
  • Devon, England
  • 304 posts
Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 3rd June 2018, 10:20 AM

Hello All

Here's a quick animation of mine: https://youtu.be/9GbwUr0Vc7w .

Any thoughts on the script, look, voices, sound, editing and whatever else would be lovely!

Yacob

I thought it was great

Yacob Wingnut

• Tuesday 5th June 2018, 9:26pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 709 posts

Big thanks for all the comments so far! I re-uploaded the video as there were a few frames where the Patient's neck was the wrong shade (something that literally no-one in the universe except me cares about).

Anyway:

Beaky - Interesting that you thought the drawing style looked a bit like Family Guy. I thought it looked somewhat Beano-esque. (though you certainly know more about drawing styles than I do)

Gappy - I'm worried that if I deliver lines too quickly that some people will miss what was said. I guess it's a fairly predictable joke, though I was hoping the predictability of it would be offset by the oddness of the final shot.

Godot Taxis - If you don't like the drawing style that's a completely valid opinion. Is it possible to say what you don't like about it (No worries though if it's too hard to articulate - you might just find it ugly)? I'll draw my next animation differently.

Flook - Cool :)