Russell Brand's Ponderland - Series 1 Page 4

This has been the highlight of the night, the rest of the nights comedy has been disappointing but this is very funny. The guy in the sink! :D

I watched twenty minutes of it tonight and thought his material was garbage. Nothing at all new, he's trotting out some right old regurgitated Russell Brand. Heard it.

I like him as a performer but he needs to get a few writers on the case!!!

I'd call it Panderland.. pandering to an audience who have already convinced themselves he's great and just laugh at any old crap he dishes out!!

You officially have no sense of humour. :)

Or, more accurately - a different one from me when it comes to Brandypants.

Although, I do think that 'love' episode was the least good of the series.

It would be AWFUL if he got writers in. He's a stand up for gawd's sake. When standups get writers in for their own material they should really take that as a sign to pack it in!

Yes, especially when your delivery is worse than that of a Dalek.

It was better than The Eejits though, I will give him that...or maybe I should give him a pat on the back instead...

Well Matt Morgan writes with him. Love wasn't as good as the previous three episodes but it was still pretty good. The old couple at the end up met up after 50 years and then the next day hated each other. :D

They are bestest friends though. He's almost part of the act.

I want to see Matt's show about, what was it, tunnels?

Ha yeah, Tunnel Vision.

I watched it for the first time this week and thought it was so so. When he goes off on a tangent with his surreal flights of fancy he can be very funny, but I always find him at his best when he's improvising as a presenter.

Quote: zooo @ October 27, 2007, 11:23 AM

You officially have no sense of humour. :)

Or, more accurately - a different one from me when it comes to Brandypants.

Although, I do think that 'love' episode was the least good of the series.

It would be AWFUL if he got writers in. He's a stand up for gawd's sake. When standups get writers in for their own material they should really take that as a sign to pack it in!

Thanks! It's good to know it's official at last! :)

I like him as a performer but for me he's good for 5 minutes or so and then it's just too samey. His repertoire just seems very narrow.

I dont think as a stand up it's a golden rule that you can't use writers. I think he should have a number of writers to get something new into his act.

I do think he will improve with age and experience, like a fine wine. He was pleased when I advised him of my opinion and said that he was so relieved I hadn't written him off totally!!! ;)

Hat x

Next time you imaginarily inform him of your opinion, can you imaginarily inform him that he should stop wearing his eyeliner like that.
Thankyou kindly.

Quote: zooo @ October 27, 2007, 12:59 PM

Next time you imaginarily inform him of your opinion, can you imaginarily inform him that he should stop wearing his eyeliner like that.
Thankyou kindly.

He says he's sorry but he thought you liked it..

Do you want an imaginary autograph, I can do you one for a tenner?

Hx

PS Zooo mate ...as our sense of humours are probably different would you have a look at my sketch Driven to distraction in critique and tell me if ANY of it is funny for you! Thanks!!! :)

i need to get myself a skyplus

As per usual, I am very behind with and have only just got around to watching this on the old sky plus. I wasn't expecting much because I normally find Russell Brand watchable for 10 minutes and then I get bored, but, I really enjoyed this. So much so, I watched four in a row without even realising! As has been mentioned on here, none of it is particularly new but nether the less, it amused me and made me laugh! How many episodes are there? I think I missed the first one.

Q

Five so far. (Of six.)

Unless one's been on that I didn't spot.

I really enjoyed this series. I'd gladly watch a second if there is one. I look forward to the films Russell's going to be in next year.