Russell Brand's Ponderland - Series 1 Page 2

Ohthankgod.

Lol, he said he couldn't take advantage of the poor old woman, even though she was up for it, lol.

Russell Brand....doing a clip show....why not just throw in the corpse of Benny Hill and a pair of fake breasts?

It's not a clip show, it's a stand-up show on a specific topic each night.

Quote: zooo @ October 17, 2007, 5:56 PM

And, apropos of nothing...

Crikey.

I think Laura's gone all zingy and wobbly below. ;)

Quote: Leevil @ October 17, 2007, 5:59 PM

Aaron's favourite one is where he gives a hand job to that bloke in the toilets ;) or is it having sex with the granny or maybe bathing a tramp?

I've read his secret blogs, I know what he gets up to!

What with the ... ? o_0

Quote: Martin Holmes @ October 18, 2007, 6:32 PM

It's not a clip show, it's a stand-up show on a specific topic each night.

Ah, sorry. An - atrocious - advert for it gave me the wrong impression.

The first episode last night struck me as being like TV Burp but without the charm.

The idea itself is fine as it was clearly dirt cheap to make and there are obviously a lot of funny clips to look at from TV history but the host wasn't funny enough to make it work imo.

I liked it!

Very, very funny I thought; really good.

I have to admit I found Badgerman very funny!

I liked the paint charts, and the fact that the coco pops tune is ALWAYS in his head.

Yeah twas good, I'm getting over hating russell brand now... and warming to his random style of comedy... althought it was stand up I must admit it did feel a bit clip show like at times.

Still liked it though

I was disappointed and I'm a huge Brand fan but he just can't seem to be able to make that transition from radio to TV. He's brilliant on the radio and some of the topics on last nights show originally stemmed from the radio show, but on that they just cropped up naturally in the conversation...but on a scripted TV show they just didn't work. Lots of the observations were like amateur open-mic style comedians work, "dogs in playgrounds" etc. There were some funny bits but overall I wasn't that impressed.

I wish they'd give Brand a format like RE:brand again because that was great.

Yes, his documentary style things are always going to be better than him in a studio with an audience.

A new RE:brand would be amazing.

It would be interesting to see him in a comedy series, playing on his actorial skills, per'aps in a bygone era, with the use of costumery and period set,

This would appear to be Russell Brand at his televisual best, when hamming up the drama in his-self?