The Royal Wedding

And what a fantastic spectacle it was. I guess Briosaid is still in floods of tears with the emotion of it all so is unable to post on here.

Anyway the only real reason I watched it was because I was at my mum's and she had it on.

We also had sub-titles which made it compulsive viewing. I realise that when you are trying to do sub-titles with live talking then you do have to do it quickly and there are bound to be some mistakes. Of course trying to translate Kirsty Young's Scottish and Huw Edwards and Alex Jones' Welsh accents can't help.

However....

Lordly tenants = Lord Lieutenants
on this varies over = very sofa
the case that everyone was waiting for = the kiss
Wether Hunnyman is = where the honeymoon is
glass of prisoner go = prosecco
con Brobbel show + comparable show
and more muted full day = beautiful day
Somebody has been out with the more = (lawn) mower

There were probably many others but worth watching for these.

Well i was going to watch this

But I decided to ram a red hot metal poker up my anus instead

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th May 2018, 6:17 PM

Link?

Both occasions brought a tear to the eye then.

Bai Jove, if there's one thing you lot should have learned, it's that Royals marrying commoners doesn't work.

I would have definitely tuned in if Phil the Greek had interviewed the Gospel choir or the guest preacher.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th May 2018, 5:20 PM

And what a fantastic spectacle it was. I guess Briosaid is still in floods of tears with the emotion of it all so is unable to post on here.

I DID run out of paper hankies but that was because I had to use them to wipe up all the puke.

An appropriate alternative.

In honour of Edward II I presume. A very regal thing to do on the occasion if a bit old fashioned. Maybe it'll come back into vogue, we just need a couple of raving queers as kings again like the 2nd Richards and Edwards.

And by the way, does anybody else think Red-Faced Charlie might have a drink problem?

Quote: Kenneth @ 19th May 2018, 6:28 PM

Bai Jove, if there's one thing you lot should have learned, it's that Royals marrying commoners doesn't work.

It doesn't often work with aristocracy either these days. They should be allowed to live happily in sham marriages with all their mistresses and billionaire sugar daddies like royalty of old.

I enjoyed the bits I watched.

Quote: Will Cam @ 19th May 2018, 8:55 PM

I enjoyed the bits I watched.

Oooooooh! Bòòoooooo!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th May 2018, 6:24 PM

Both occasions brought a tear to the eye then.

Laughing out loud

Not seen any of it today but a mate on facebook posted a picture that shows her in police uniform with the carriage and a clear view of the happy couple behind her. I don't think she knows who took it but it's a great snap.

(it wasn't fancy dress she was on duty)

Have just now unavoidably seen a bit of the wedding. Do like the music. To be honest I feel sorry for the pair of them being allied to the maladjusted Royals. Hope she stands up for herself and tells her new relatives to take a hike if they try to impose their shitty standards on her.

It was a very good launch for the new centre party by its co-leaders..

Quote: Briosaid @ 19th May 2018, 10:59 PM

Have just now unavoidably seen a bit of the wedding. Do like the music. To be honest I feel sorry for the pair of them being allied to the maladjusted Royals. Hope she stands up for herself and tells her new relatives to take a hike if they try to impose their shitty standards on her.

They are your Royal Family as well:D