Typically Topical

SCENE:
The Prime Ministers Office
The PM and Home Secretary Sajid Javid are in conversation with James Slack the Chief Press Officer.

MAY:
So why all the secrecy?

SLACK:
I'm as much in the dark as you ma'am

Door opens and a high ranking police officer enters

PLOD:
West Country Accent
I'm sorry about this ma'am but what I have to say is sensitive at the moment but I fear it will be public within hours

SLACK:
And you are?

PLOD:
Chief Superintendent Wallace Port of Bristol Police seconded to Thames Valley police for the Royal Wedding sir . I just came personal like to let you know that there's been a rather unfortunate incident with one of my men and a homeless person in Windsor tonight ma'am and I can see it being a tad controversial so I thought I would get you up to speed asap.

JAVID:
I thought I had all the homeless moved on out of camera shot?

PLOD:
We did sir. only this one was asleep in Union Jack sleeping bag so he was missed on the first sweep as they thought that he was one of those 'Wedding Watcher's and as you know we've been briefed to leave them alone and get in pictures with them if asked.

SLACK:
Impatient
You said there had been an incident?

PLOD:
Yes sir and a very gruesome one at that

MAY:
Bluster
Well as Vicars daughter officer I can assure you I will have heard worse from parishioners in my fathers study

JAVID:
More Bluster
Yeah and I was brought up in a council house so that automatically means that I've seen stuff normal people never see and that also makes me as hard as nails by default as as well.

SLACK:
Could you get to the point please

PLOD:
Well on the second sweep one of my lads noticed that this man only had one boot by his sleeping bag, so the officer thought it was being used as a sort of begging bowl?

SLACK:
And was it?

PLOD:
No it turns out he only had one leg he lost the other in Afghanistan

MAY:
Ashen
How, was he some sort of mule seller or something who stood on a mine?

PLOD:
Actually he was a sergeant in the British Army

SLACK:
That's not good

PLOD:
Thats not the worst sir, one of my lads thought he was being a bit lippy about his rights so he tasered him

MAY:
They tasered him!

JAVID
I hope it was it done by the book

PLOD
That and then some I'm afraid sir, he died at the scene

MAY:
Oh my god you've killed a homeless one legged solider

PLOD:
They didn't know he was a solider ma'am he just looked like any normal lippy black man to them ma'am

JAVID:
He was a black one legged homeless ex solider?

PLOD:
Yes sir

SLACK:
This right after Grenfell and Windrush

PLOD:
I'm sorry sir I didn't know that you knew the victim

SLACK:
I don't??

PLOD
You just said his name Grenfell Windrush

SLACK:
You're f**king joking !!!

Theresa May faints Sajid Javid starts kicking her prone body

The End

Nice one, centurion. The political, appellative and geographical references went over my head, but you can't go wrong with a one-legged minority.

Thanks Kenneth , I can appreciate that unknown references can distract the reader as it happens to me a lot when I am reading American replies to English issues in my day job on Facebook. But thanks for your feedback anyway mate .

I feel that was well thought out. Nice sketch.

Just a thought, as you have a lot of material why don't you join us in critique in the weekly sketch comp - it's a lot of fun and the prize is ..well, nothing.. and so well worth winning! To win nothing is a writers dream, as you no doubt know.. :)

Thanks for the feedback and the invite Frankie and I'll happily take you up on the offer.