Location, Bristol; seeking, comedy partner

I've always wanted and have always been told I should do stand up... but I've not wanted to do it alone. So I've wanted to find someone to help and encourage (both ways) through the writing, hype and then performing phases... I was thinking of starting it off as a YouTube collaboration... or podcast... until we build a name, then getting on stage... you in?

I have a flat where I usually can be found doing digital illustrations and writing and also printing t shirts of my digital art...

Are you in?

I'm 23, age and gender aren't a thing to me... just need a partner in crime.

Hi Reuben, I do open mic stand up and think the best starting point is a class like this one which I really enjoyed in Birmingham https://www.standupcourses.com

Bristol will have an equivalent. All the best, Patrick

Hi Reuben,

Hope you're well.
I have been writing comedy gags, scripts and performance for a while now (4years) along with tv ideas.
I have also been thinking and been told y a few tv producers "Why not get yourself a comedy partner, do some youtube videos/facebook and see what happened. You never know who will be watching".

I have just been signed to a great agent and I don't live to far away from Bristol myself.
Just a quick question,
What kind of comedy genre will your perfances be? Horror, everyday life, family fun or adult fun?

My scripts and gags are mostly everyday life (sometimes wacky, same line as Ken Dodd meets Peter Kay) in you get what I mean.
I did try to crazy jokes and scripts (I.E. in the same line as Russell Brand) but it doesn't suit me and not many agents and producers currently want that kind of material unless your on stage.

What would you be happy doing, video/youtube videos or stand up?
For me, I'll choose video performance any day. Those nerves get slightly too much for me and I've tried.

If that helps and you want to do video perfances I'll be happy to meet and discuss what we can do as a partnership.

Thanks
Peter

I do every day stories that are funny... very new to the whole game, but my style is dark... I can make anyone laugh any age... I don't know what I want to do yet, still feeling around. But I got loads of life experience to draw from for material...

Hi Reuben,

Just a quick question, are you looking for some one to collaborate on videos (I.E. youtube, facebook) or is it for stand up routines?
I've written many, many scripts to do with anything and everything, I have piles of jotted gags down.
I don't live to far from Bristol, if you want I will be happy to do a youtube collaboration. An agent who I know has told me to build 'my and other wannabe comedians to perform in local comedy clubs, do youtube videos and try to get you face and routines around'.

Personally for me I would choose the youtube route. 1: millions could watch. Look at People Just Do Nothing (BBC comedy) they started out doing youtube videos and the next thing they're being commissioned by the BBC.
2: You can then send the video ('s) off to companies, agents and comedy clubs and try to get something out of it.
If your happy and want someone to collaborate with I will be more than happy.

Thanks
Peter

Quote: PeterHenry1 @ 29th May 2018, 1:03 PM

Hi Reuben,

Just a quick question, are you looking for some one to collaborate on videos (I.E. youtube, facebook) or is it for stand up routines?
I've written many, many scripts to do with anything and everything, I have piles of jotted gags down.
I don't live to far from Bristol, if you want I will be happy to do a youtube collaboration. An agent who I know has told me to build 'my and other wannabe comedians to perform in local comedy clubs, do youtube videos and try to get you face and routines around'.

Personally for me I would choose the youtube route. 1: millions could watch. Look at People Just Do Nothing (BBC comedy) they started out doing youtube videos and the next thing they're being commissioned by the BBC.
2: You can then send the video ('s) off to companies, agents and comedy clubs and try to get something out of it.
If your happy and want someone to collaborate with I will be more than happy.

Thanks
Peter

That sounds perfect, yes I was thinking YouTube... something more structured than just a few routines, we can run over ideas when we meet... Well have to meet up soon, email me at Jeubzzz@gmail.com , regards, Reuben