Can anyone recommend a free, safe to use VPN provider?

Out of the country at the moment and can't buy a lottery ticket online or watch BBC iplayer. Have downloaded free trial of hide.me but it won't let me choose a server in the uk for my 'location' on the free trial. Any advice much appreciated.

Free? That's a bit more difficult...

Hi Beaky, looks like i picked a good time to visit Cyprus...I only need it for a couple of days. I could sign up for a month with 'hde.me' but i am wary of giving my card details to a company based in Malaysia.

Why not just enjoy Cyprus before Russia wipes it out in retaliation for last nights airstrikes on Syria:D

Busy learning Russian comrade...

Don't waste your money on a lottery ticket. Should you win, they'll only discover you bought it abroad illegally and do you for fraud.

Thanks comrade, i have a uk account - just can't log in to it from here.

Comrade playfullski

Quote: playfull @ 14th April 2018, 1:57 PM

Thanks comrade, i have a uk account - just can't log in to it from here.

Yeah, you have to be actually physically in the UK when you play or they won't pay out on any win. Should've bought before you left!

For 10% of the winnings we won't tell anyone.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th April 2018, 2:10 PM

Yeah, you have to be actually physically in the UK when you play or they won't pay out on any win. Should've bought before you left!

Thought I had bought enough dates to cover me but had an email telling me my ticket had finished. I am trying to log on to check but it won't let me from here.

I thought a VPN out of a UK server centre would show me as located in the UK and allow me to log on?

Quote: beaky @ 14th April 2018, 3:21 PM

For 10% of the winnings we won't tell anyone.

Sounds like a bargain - how many 10%s would I need to give away to keep it a secret?

Quote: playfull @ 14th April 2018, 4:46 PM

I thought a VPN out of a UK server centre would show me as located in the UK and allow me to log on?

It may well do (although they are wise to VPN usage so not always), but the law specifies you have to actually be physically in the UK when you purchase the ticket, so claiming a prize would be committing fraud, and if it was a large prize you can bet they would do checks and discover it was a VPN, then look into you further and discover you were out of the country.

Like I said, buying such a ticket is a waste of your money.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th April 2018, 4:53 PM

Like I said, buying such a ticket is a waste of your money.

Buying a legal ticket isn't exactly sure fire investment either...

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th April 2018, 5:33 PM

Buying a legal ticket isn't exactly sure fire investment either...

Well quite!

Quote: playfull @ 14th April 2018, 4:46 PM

Thought I had bought enough dates to cover me but had an email telling me my ticket had finished. I am trying to log on to check but it won't let me from here.

Sounds like a bargain - how many 10%s would I need to give away to keep it a secret?

No more than eleven.

Um - what is a VPN provider?