Plebs - Series 4

Did anyone else watch the return of Plebs on Monday night?

Two very funny episodes, I thought. Big change in the make-up of the show but I think they managed it well. Grumio is as fantastic as ever, with some awesome quotable one-liners. Feels like he's becoming ever more central to plots too, which is great.

Looking forward to the rest of the series hugely.

Quote: Aaron @ 10th April 2018, 12:53 AM

Did anyone else watch the return of Plebs on Monday night?

Two very funny episodes, I thought. Big change in the make-up of the show but I think they managed it well. Grumio is as fantastic as ever, with some awesome quotable one-liners. Feels like he's becoming ever more central to plots too, which is great.

Looking forward to the rest of the series hugely.

Personally, I thought it a big disappointment.

I watched two episodes today. It seems to be right on track with past episodes. I didn't miss whatshisname at all.

I'm sorry but it's now scrapping the bottom of the barrel - or should that be diarrhoea spattered cobbles - as the Jason character is a totally odious individual, that I was actually rooting for the water carrying guy!

Only recently got into this, binge watched the first three series in one week flat and really enjoyed them. Wished I'd have got into them sooner! I would say I preferred the first two more, as for series four, I haven't watched any yet. I'm planning to buy the complete box set at the end of the month.

Jason not really working for me.

Nor I

I was sorely disappointed with Series 4. I always found the series a little silly and super raunchy but given all that, it was pretty funny. I fell asleep somewhere in episode two and woke up for four or five and got bored. I slogged through the whole thing but if there's another series, I won't be watching it.

Used to be one of my favorite shows ever.

I didn't like it as much as the others. The change of story messed it up more than losing Joel Fry. Changing the situation also almost completely got rid of the landlord and Marcus's boss. Both amazing characters. Of course, losing Stylax meant they couldn't really use the job as a location but they still managed to incorporate water boy. They didn't have to take out the apartment too though. Although it's never gonna happen I hope Cynthia comes back and instead of Marcus getting her Jason steals her first. Might give it its old feeling back. I liked it still it just felt very different but I'm happy the show's continuing

Recorded all of the episode and still got about 3 left on the recorder. Not sure why but really didn't grab me and I enjoyed the earlier series. The new character just didn't work for me and as someone posted above the move to bar changed the dynamics for the worse.

Stylax was sorely missed. I feel his replacement is the same kind of character, just not as good. Almost like Joel Fry decided to leave the show after they had started writing the new series and had to incorporate this new guy. Shame.

The fourth series was nowhere as good as previous - not that the bar was set that high - but the revelation of Amanda Holden being in Series 5 has killed it for me!

Did anyone watch the new series of Plebs last night? Loved it! The series feels like it's growing but in a much stronger direction. I never really thought I would see Jason kill a poor pet pig that was deplorable. Loved Grumio he's my favourite of them all. He has got to have the best scenes ever. I often think the writing team should give all three actors a go at writing at least one episode a series. It's about time we saw more females in the show to equal the Plebs. Shame Marcus has not struck up a permanent relationship yet and I too think a baby would be good. I loved the episode titled The Baby in S2. Could we have a much softer side to Grumio, please?

A very funny double bill to open Series 5. Grumio's always the highlight - but they all work together so well.