The way things are today.... Excuse me can I help you?

The way things are today.... Excuse me can I help you?

https://youtu.be/awp3JJN1PmM

:)
That's happened to me in reverse.
I walked into a shop and the girl behind the counter was looking at her phone and didn't look up.I wandered around for a bit, picking things up and putting them down again,still no response from madam.So I left, without the milk I needed for my morning cup of tea.

It has happened to me as well, I've done the same and have left shops if the people serving are not paying attention. I stood in Top Shop not so long ago waiting to buy a pair of shoes, you have to pick one up and wait for somebody to come and assist you, I left after 5 minutes of waiting, without the shoe/shoes :)

When faced with that situation I take the item, shoe for example, and plonk it down in front of said member of staff and say loudly I want that thong in a size zero please, I mean if it is a thong, but not if it's a shoe.

It does not pay to be meek and mild with ignorant 'I'm busy with my facebook/snapchat' arseholes who can't be bothered to do their f**king job. In more sensible times you would just sack them.

Nice video btw! :)

I left the shop in a sort of quiet protest with my wife by the side of me berating me for being impatient, and then we argued all the way home in the car. It probably would have been easier to wait in the end as I left without buying a pair of shoes that I needed and we didn't talk for two days.

Quote: Carlos Manwelly @ 9th April 2018, 6:13 PM

I left the shop in a sort of quiet protest with my wife by the side of me berating me for being impatient, and then we argued all the way home in the car. It probably would have been easier to wait in the end as I left without buying a pair of shoes that I needed and we didn't talk for two days.

I had the same problem at the cinema. The customer service was absolutely atrocious and so I took the manager to task and proved him wrong on every point he defended. My wife was livid that I'd caused such a scene and she went off into the cinema on her own leaving me to stew on my own for awhile. Spoiled the whole weekend it did as I was apparently 'totally in the wrong' and yet I still had to battle with the cinema to get my money back having been charged twice for the same seats. That's justice for you.

Yes, bad customer service doen't just stop at the place of service, it carries on into the living room, kitchen and bedroom :)

More like living room, kitchen and "..what are you doing in the bedroom, you're on the sofa tonight, my lad.."
:)
Married life has many joys..

Very noticeable at this year's Commonwealth Games opening.Previously the competitors had come out waving to the crowds,this time they were all holding phones.

Yes, it's the same on buses, tubes and trains. Instead of just ignoring each other as we used to we now ignore each whilst browsing whatever on our phones.

The revival of Roseanne missed a trick in its opening sequence with regard to the smartphone addiction phenomenon. It followed the usual formula of the family sitting/bustling around the kitchen table, instead of having each person completely engrossed in their phone and ignoring each other. Although Darlene's daughter does have a phone, and there was later a mention about Roseanne and Dan needing to learn how to use their phones.

I spotted two people talking to each other today in the street as I was passing in the car, but as I got closer they were both tapping away on their phones facing each other as if talking.

A sub sketch

2 hander. Man and woman sat on a park bench, both avidly texting.

MAN: <looking up and at the woman>
Oh, I know.. why don't we just talk instead..

Longer shot. The man and woman both put their phones down and start talking animatedly.

Quote: Frankie Mildly Perturbed @ 11th April 2018, 6:39 PM

A sub sketch

2 hander. Man and woman sat on a park bench, both avidly texting.

MAN: <looking up and at the woman>
Oh, I know.. why don't we just talk instead..

Longer shot. The man and woman both put their phones down and start talking animatedly.

That's a cute little sketch, I may play around with that idea for future. Thanks

Quote: Kenneth @ 10th April 2018, 4:47 PM

The revival of Roseanne missed a trick in its opening sequence with regard to the smartphone addiction phenomenon. It followed the usual formula of the family sitting/bustling around the kitchen table, instead of having each person completely engrossed in their phone and ignoring each other. Although Darlene's daughter does have a phone, and there was later a mention about Roseanne and Dan needing to learn how to use their phones.

I didn't watch the reboot of Roseanne but yes it would have shown the sign of the times.

Quote: Carlos Manwelly @ 13th April 2018, 4:41 PM

That's a cute little sketch, I may play around with that idea for future. Thanks

My pleasure. :)

It's one I was going to do with The Junkmales but we never got around to it.

With all four of us writing loads of sketches there are always plenty 'leftovers..'

You know how it is, Carlos .. Ars Longa Vita Brevis .. it can take two mins to write a sketch and all bloody day to get it 'in the can' how you want it! Ill

Link to Junkmales YouTube in my profile ... probably best avoided! Most people to seem to manage it looking at our pathetic hits counts.

Also we have www.junkmales.co.uk if it's active at the mo (depends if we put the 50p in the meter..)