Is teaching a dog the Nazi salute a hate crime?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-43478925 Mark Meechan, a Scottish comedian, posted a YouTube video of himself making anti-Semitic remarks as he teaches his girlfriend's pug to do a Nazi salute. Is that a crime, deserving of jail time?

No.

I'm no fan of hate crime legislation, but it seems necessary that some actual hate would have to be involved. If the only evidence is a short comedy video (in admittedly poor taste) then I can't see that a crime was committed. If the guy is covered with swastika tattoos or has a history of being a Nazi supporter, then maybe a case can be made, but I still don't think it would justify jail time. I'd make him sweep the floors at a Holocaust museum and change the bedpans of elderly Jewish survivors.

I haven't seen the clip but when I was young I thought it was funny that you could move something behind their elbow (yes I know dogs don't have elbows) their leg would go straight as a reflex.

Not racist but just funny to discover this reflex.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th March 2018, 6:03 PM

I haven't seen the clip but when I was young I thought it was funny that you could move something behind their elbow (yes I know dogs don't have elbows) their leg would go straight as a reflex.

I'm ringing Sutton RSPCA now...

I believe in Germany he'd be charged with a crime yes, I gather he's not in Germany then. The thing is, as awful as it sounds German Nazi dogs are the most hilarious. Did you ever see that Dachshund with Joseph Goebbels face, didn't it suit him down to a tee. Laughing out loud Yahp yahp yahp

I taught my budgie to say allahu akbar

Sue me

Teaching a dog to goose step would be impressive. I was watching videos on youtube of North Korean female troops marching at parades and it's intimidating but also slightly arousing. Other countries don't come close to how perfectly timed the North Koreans do it.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 27th March 2018, 10:56 PM

Other countries don't come close to how perfectly timed the North Koreans do it.

Do it right, or your family dies.

Quote: DaButt @ 28th March 2018, 12:59 AM

Do it right, or your family dies.

yup, makes me wonder how much military training they actually do compared to time spent practicing walking.

No

My ha'penny worth is that teaching your dog the nazi salute is probably not arrestable because there is no provision for it in the definition of what constitutes a hate crime and if this example was reported to police the most they could probably do is give 'words of advice'. ie get a life.

The term hate crime is a defined as a hateful act committed towards an individual or group and not a general term for pet training behaviour so the answer to the OP question is no.

I think the problem is that the stupid bastard posted it on youtube.

On the other hand, what numpty would do this anyway?

Quote: Briosaid @ 30th March 2018, 8:20 PM

On the other hand, what numpty would do this anyway?

Spike Milligan was doing that sort of thing all the time. Like his classic sketch, The Nazi Daleks, where a dog is exterminated for being too Jewish ("put heem in ze Bratwurst"). No outrage back then. Now you know what's wrong with the Feindsender.

This links to my last post what pisses me off? Censorship in comedy

I thought comedy was all about free speech

This was clearly a joke to annoy his g/f so the answer is no

Also seen far more risqué comedians although the way things are going they may not be around for much longer.

What would those militants complaining about comedy say about Hilter in Minehead?

Bring back comedy although there are a few ignoring the current climate as Paul Chowdhry proves on his Live Innit tour.

I am advised that there folk out there who can see Anti-Semitism in a ray of sunshine, so for those folks yes obviously it's a hate crime and both he and the dog should be exterminated. I wonder if Jeremy Corbyn will post his support in this thread?Whistling nnocently