Teach yourself German

The Motor Car

Indicators - Die Blinkenleiten Tickentocken

Leaner - Die Twatten mit Elplatz

Windscreen Wiper - Der Flippenflappenmuckspredden

Cyclist - Der Pedalpushink Pilloken

I thought you would have included Stoppemfloppen :)

:O This is supposed to be Teach yourself (or in your case, yersel) German.

How are the students going to know what that means in English?

Accident - Der Bledinmess

Near Accident - Fukken Ner Schittenselfen

Good job the title of this thread is not, 'Teach yourself *certain other languages*', otherwise you'd have a veritable army of 'tree hugging barmy-army lefties' on your case!

But you maybe OK with German.. let's wait and see.. they are a bit predictable..

At the risk of being labelled 'racist' (language and race being the same of course.. I guess it's 'implied, or 'may be perceived', eh?) then let me try this one.

Nicht Gerfingerpoken!

I believe this loosely translates to, 'don't mess about with the f**king thing'...

:)

Quote: Frankie Mildly Perturbed @ 4th March 2018, 11:03 AM

Good job the title of this thread is not, 'Teach yourself *certain other languages*', otherwise you'd have a veritable army of 'tree hugging barmy-army lefties' on your case!

But you maybe OK with German.. let's wait and see.. they are a bit predictable..

You know, it did occur to me before I started the thread, but I thought "NO! surely not". What a sad world we live in.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th March 2018, 11:28 AM

You know, it did occur to me before I started the thread, but I thought "NO! surely not". What a sad world we live in.

Well, like Fletch once said to Godber (?) illegitimi non carborundum!

Bugger 'em, mate!

:)

""Achtung!
Alle touristen und non-technischen lookenpeepers! Das machine is nicht fur fingerpoken und mittengrabben. Is easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzen sparken. Das machine is diggen by experten only. Is nicht fur gerwerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen das cottenpicken hands in das pockets. Relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights." "

Laughing out loud

Double Laughing out loud. Very good Bill

I didn't write it; it is an old notice which I vaguely remembered from back in mainframe computer days and I was able to re-find it on the WWW.

Yes, I had seen it before, but many years ago - didn't want to say and wanted to give you credit. Especially considering the trumpet/bugle "problem". :D

And yes, the Web is a wonderful tool. Whistling nnocently

Laughing out loud Impossible not to think of Blackadder when reading it.

If you want to learn Swedish then Ronnie Barker is your man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-mX9T2qyIQ