Newsjack - Celebrity Fashion Protests

ANGELA: Celebrities were asked to show their support for the Time's Up and Me Too movements by dressing in all black at the BAFTAs. This does raise the question though, will all the world's sociological problems now be solved by celebrities wearing expensive clothes?

ATMOS: CHARITY ADVERT

GRAMS: SAD CHARITY ADVERT MUSIC

V/O: The world is in crisis and we need your help. All across the country there are thousands social issues that are being ignored because celebrities haven't worn an item of clothing highlighting them. For just fifty pounds a month you can help pay for a piece of high-end fashion for a celebrity to wear so they can show their support which will hopefully, raise money, for a charity.

JENNIFER: Everyday thousands of tonnes of food is thrown away when it could be used to feed a hungry person. To highlight the problem I wore a Carmen Miranda style fruit hat to the Oscars. The food in my hair could have fed a hungry family for a week; I really think it sent a message.

V/O: Yes it did, thanks to that protest perfectly good food that was being discarded is now being used to make clothing for celebrities who want to show their support for not wasting food.

ANGELINA: When I discovered the white rhino is going extinct in Zimbabwe due to poachers I knew there was something I had to do.

FX: GUN FIRE AND WHITE RHINO DYING

ANGELINA: I had a poacher kill a one so I could wear its skin in my latest movie to highlight the plight of the white rhino. I think that really helped.

V/O: It did, but not enough. Unfortunately there are not enough white rhinos in the wild to make fashion statements for all the celebrities but that's why we need you, the normal people. With your support we can save the last few white rhinos so they can be turned into leather bags and shoes to make you aware of their problems.

ROBERT: I'm Rob Downey Jnr and I support this charity.

V/O: Robert is so concerned about the plight of children in India who are forced to work in sweatshops that he's ironically wearing clothes that are made out their blood, sweat, tears and nylon.

ROBERT: No I just thought this was a cute top that I saw in Primark, don't you like it? What's this for again?

V/O: Celebrity protests, because no matter what famous people try to do to help, the media invariably just makes it about what they're wearing on the red carpet.

Could always delete and save for Oscar week?

Quote: Thosisd @ 20th February 2018, 7:29 AM

Could always delete and save for Oscar week?

Thanks Thosisd, I may do that.