This Time With Alan Partridge Page 10

I'm finding it clever and funny.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 26th March 2019, 7:09 PM

am hoping there will be some extras on the DVD. Steve Coogan's releases tend to have some discharge. Like out takes and behind the scenes stuff. Given the type of show This Time is and it's at the BBC studios I would be surprised and disappointed if the DVD only consists of the six episodes and nothing else.

One extra feature will be included: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/this_time_with_alan_partridge/shop/6196/series_1/

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 26th March 2019, 7:01 PM

I cannot emphasise how unfunny the Ruth Duggan bits are.

I was going to comment but I've just spotted a Post-it note on my monitor saying "FFS don't say anything about Lolly Adefope!"

Quote: chipolata @ 27th March 2019, 6:52 AM

I'd echo the views that it hasn't been vintage Partridge by any means, but it's still made me laugh. More than most British comedies around at the moment. Each episode is every much a mixed bag, swinging from the sublime (the swearing report) to the ridiculous (the lips).

Nice to See Chipolata back as the BCG's voice of reason
It hasn't been the easiest Partridge incarnation to watch but there has been a lot of quality in there

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th March 2019, 4:51 PM

I was going to comment but I've just spotted a Post-it note on my monitor saying "FFS don't say anything about Lolly Adefope!"

I think she plays it really well and I get the joke, as I should, it's been repeated ad infinitum every week.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 29th March 2019, 12:18 AM

Nice to See Chipolata back......

He's a good sausage. :)

(Sprogs under a certain age will not get that "joke")

I'm really enjoying it, love the Jenny character and to me, it's getting better week by week. The highlight was the Irish Alan section(but I would say that...) Occasionally it's been a bit too unbelievable, e.g the tweets re the previous presenter being a sex pest being read out live on air...but mostly it's worked and has the Alan stamp all over it. We need more Lynne though and icing would be an appearance from Geordie Michael. Just good to have Partridge bouncing back...

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 29th March 2019, 12:18 AM

Nice to See Chipolata back as the BCG's voice of reason
It hasn't been the easiest Partridge incarnation to watch but there has been a lot of quality in there

I agree entirely with Steve ( including it being nice to see Chip back). It's also nice to see Steve back as well. Kissing

I have to say... pretty poor finale. I appreciate Alan is a git, but the beginning I felt was uncharacteristically mean spirited, and their feud sprang up from nowhere.

What with this and Warren finishing tonight I have an hour of my life back........................thank heavens. Neither were worth the watch.

Not an emotional finale perhaps like Catastrophe had or Fleabag will have but I enjoyed it. It really exemplified Alan's relationship with Simon.

"you wore that top with the fashion words," "you bought it for me" Alan sees himself as having vision, which is also part of why Simon's on the show in the first place. In all their exchanges Simon keeps going back to the kind of banter they had on Mid Morning Matters but Alan's too much of an opportunist to join in and risk looking bad now that he's back on TV, though it's the same opportunism that repeatedly shows him up as the same guy he always was.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 1st April 2019, 10:01 PM

I have to say... pretty poor finale. I appreciate Alan is a git, but the beginning I felt was uncharacteristically mean spirited, and their feud sprang up from nowhere.

I thought the same and his swearing outburst just didn't seem Alan. I can see him using profanity but only in a real fight or flight scenario such as encountering an agitated moose with no refuge in sight. It wasn't a fulfilling ending to a series and the whole idea didn't really gel. Also missed a golden opportunity of having the Ruth segment who agrees with everything Simon says.

Overall 7 on 10.

I enjoyed it. I thought it was one of the stronger episodes of the run, not least because it resembled an episode of Midmorning Matters, with the Alan-Sidekick Simon dynamic brought to the forefront. The reports were, as ever, the highlight, and I'd like to see a series of reports. I also thought the sleep expert was one of the few guests this series to make an impression.

Despite it's faults, I hope there's a second series.

The final episode resembled every previous episode in that there were a few funny bits floating on a sea of comedic nothingness.

I'd rather look at a still picture of Alan Partridge for thirty minutes and remember the good old days when he was funny.

A thought popped into my mind post viewing last night was where previous it was toe-curling to see him wriggle out of hilarious situations, with this series it was just toe-curling at how bad it was.