Give My Head Peace

Hi everyone Wave

Is there some reason that Give My Head Peace is not listed on the site?
It's a British comedy that first aired about 20 years ago and just had a 3 part mini series on the BBC in 2018.
Seems strange.

Hi Thunderwing. Thanks for mentioning this.

Give My Head Peace is a sitcom funded by BBC Northern Ireland (rather than BBC UK), and as a result doesn't technically fit under the "British" label we use (based on that technical definition of "Great Britain and Northern Ireland"). We love NI comedy for the record though!

Hi Mark,
cheers for the quick reply.
I wasn't aware of the need for the difference as it's still a British company made in Britain and funded by a British TV License so i just assumed it would be covered by that fact.
But if it doesn't qualiify then so be it.

Thanks again

Quote: Mark @ 6th February 2018, 1:52 PM

Hi Thunderwing. Thanks for mentioning this.

Give My Head Peace is a sitcom funded by BBC Northern Ireland (rather than BBC UK), and as a result doesn't technically fit under the "British" label we use (based on that technical definition of "Great Britain and Northern Ireland"). We love NI comedy for the record though!

BBC stands for the British Broadcasting Company though Mike and BBC Northern Ireland is just a regional broadcaster. If it was the Republic of Ireland there might be a reason against not including it.

Hi again Mark,
just noticed you mention BBC UK then you define G. Britain & N. Ireland, but the UK is made up of G. Britain & N. Ireland.
So technically BBC N. Ireland would fall under the UK banner.
Pedantic I know, but still.......

It's a tricky one, Thunderwing! Ultimately, we'd love to cover it at some point, but simply don't have the time or manpower just now to even begin. Similarly, we can't cover non-English language productions from anywhere else in the UK. Hopefully it's something we can start to redress in future.

I don't think it's ever been shown in the UK though has it?

Quote: Chappers @ 7th February 2018, 10:06 PM

I don't think it's ever been shown in the UK though has it?

Yes. Northern Ireland is in the UK. Where it hasn't been broadcast is Great Britain.

OK but I mean on the mainland. We don't know anything abut it.

This one was a head scratcher,watched the first episode a week a go.
Did absolutely nothing for me.
Maybe it's an Irish thing cause this and Young Offenders seemed pretty cliched stereotypes that are just a tad over the top/obvious
Maybe that's the humour?