The Year 2030 - Predictions From One Who Knows

1. There are more drones than pigeons flying above Trafalgar Square. They are commanded by a sculpture of a robot drone permanently positioned on the fourth plinth. It won the Turner Prize in 2027 before taking over and abolishing general elections.

2. There is a war between the United States of Europe and the ultra-nationalist countries which are members of the United States of Europe. Each side is fighting against fascism and the two armies are identical in appearance and membership.

3. The hobby of gender politics becomes redundant as everyone is now someone of all genders, all sexual orientations and all concepts of genders and sexual orientations. There is an epidemic of depression as people come to terms with just being people.

4. Driverless cars which replaced other cars in 2023 have a setback when their microchips find a taste for hard drugs. Scientists develop a clone of a reformed Janis Joplin. "She" opens a rehabilitation centre. To maximise safety, there's a 2 mph speed limit until the ex rock goddess and a team of androids with emotion can sort things out.

5. On 21 April, the Queen turns 104. To celebrate she visits every Commonwealth country by jetpack, ably supported by her husband, before visiting Queen Nicola at Holyrood House. Harry, Megan and their family relocate to Brixton's Railton Road to tackle land mine clearance while presenting the breakfast show on Grimecore Radio.

6. Other royal highlights include Charles and Camilla's environmental initiative, "How Tampons are Blighting Our Oceans", rumours that Beatrice and Eugenie are both dating Keith Lemon and William's splendid new wig provided by the estate of the late Elton John,

7. Meanwhile in Lancashire a court of Sharia Law rules that everyone should walk to the supermarkets naked to disprove that gender is a thing of the past. Scholars agree that all previous clothing requirements were merely a bit of a misinterpretation of the Koran..

8. The news industry is radically reformed so that it builds on trends noticed in 2018 to replace a range of news stories with only ones about terminal illness. Critics say it is like terrorism from an enemy within but the fear it creates very effectively reinforces state control. No one has the ability to move so lawlessness tumbles.

9. Mr Trump, who extended the maximum number of Presidential terms from two to six in 2022, announces that the US and North Korea will field a shared team at the next Olympics. On Jong-Un now being the governor of California, that's "just great - I've heard he's doing a lot for the vegans".

10. Following an earlier review when it was confirmed the Mexican wall should be in the form of nuclear weaponry, Pentagon officials deny it has been a waste of money and that record numbers of Latin people have flown to Canada before strolling into Maine and changing the name of its capital to New Mexico City.

11. A picture of the phenomenon is sent to London where it is placed alongside Blue Mink's 1970 pop hit "Melting Pot" and a burning cannabis plant. The installation wins the 2030 Turner Prize.

12. Second prize goes to "In Slow Motion", an artistic device attached by scientists to the north and south poles which has slowed the earth's movement to delay climate change, the death of classical music and the collapse of the National Health Service.

I am dedicating this thread to Punxsutawney Phil who has been an even bigger influence on my life than Gypsy Rose Lee, Nostradamus, Christine Lagarde and David Icke:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-42920504/groundhog-day-punxsutawney-phil-makes-prediction

President Kardashian?
England bow out in the group stage of North Korea World Cup, beaten by Isisastan.
First trans British heavyweight champ.
Ant and Dec IN the jungle after their break up.
Tony Blair apologises.
(Admittedly the last one stretches credibility)

A 53 years old Swiss underdog named Gordon Bennett wins the London Marathon.

Quote: paulted @ 2nd February 2018, 8:05 PM

President Kardashian?
England bow out in the group stage of North Korea World Cup, beaten by Isisastan.
First trans British heavyweight champ.
Ant and Dec IN the jungle after their break up.
Tony Blair apologises.
(Admittedly the last one stretches credibility)

Yes absolutely - apart from Tony Blair apologises.

Plus Ukraine splits into east and west geographically following seismic waves from a small fracking plant on the outskirts of Kiev. Vladimir Putin, 77, sails bare chested down the canal that has been created on a giant water dragon that three years earlier seized control of Fox News, I-Tunes and Google using fire and the internet.

And the second coming - not exactly as indicated in The Bible. It's the perfect upper middle class married couple appearing in a flash of white light deep inside the Sacramento Valley. He's a banker. She's a lawyer who at best is a very average mother but she has a divine portfolio of clients. All are experts in tax avoidance.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 2nd February 2018, 8:21 PM

I do hope so.

Gawn yersel, Gordon!
:D

Shit, 53 - a mere child. I'll be very lucky if I am still alive then! :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd February 2018, 11:56 PM

Shit, 53 - a mere child. I'll be very lucky if I am still alive then! :(

Not sure if luck is the right word.

Not if your bloody Brexit nonsense goes ahead! :(:(:(

What do you mean "If"? It's been democratically decided - unless some nutters cause some trouble.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd February 2018, 10:20 PM

What do you mean "If"? It's been democratically decided - unless some nutters cause some trouble.

It was an ADVISORY vote, NOT binding

Quote: Briosaid @ 3rd February 2018, 11:49 PM

It's going to happen. Accept it and move on.

Quote: DaButt @ 4th February 2018, 12:16 AM

It's going to happen. Accept it and move on.

You have a crystal ball, do you, or is it just that
you're an expert on everything?

Quote: Briosaid @ 4th February 2018, 12:23 AM

You have a crystal ball, do you, or is it just that
you're an expert on everything?

I'm quite brilliant, but to pretend that Brexit won't happen is just silly.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 2nd February 2018, 11:14 AM

1. There are more drones than pigeons flying above Trafalgar Square. They are commanded by a sculpture of a robot drone permanently positioned on the fourth plinth. It won the Turner Prize in 2027 before taking over and abolishing general elections.

2. There is a war between the United States of Europe and the ultra-nationalist countries which are members of the United States of Europe. Each side is fighting against fascism and the two armies are identical in appearance and membership.

3. The hobby of gender politics becomes redundant as everyone is now someone of all genders, all sexual orientations and all concepts of genders and sexual orientations. There is an epidemic of depression as people come to terms with just being people.

4. Driverless cars which replaced other cars in 2023 have a setback when their microchips find a taste for hard drugs. Scientists develop a clone of a reformed Janis Joplin. "She" opens a rehabilitation centre. To maximise safety, there's a 2 mph speed limit until the ex rock goddess and a team of androids with emotion can sort things out.

5. On 21 April, the Queen turns 104. To celebrate she visits every Commonwealth country by jetpack, ably supported by her husband, before visiting Queen Nicola at Holyrood House. Harry, Megan and their family relocate to Brixton's Railton Road to tackle land mine clearance while presenting the breakfast show on Grimecore Radio.

6. Other royal highlights include Charles and Camilla's environmental initiative, "How Tampons are Blighting Our Oceans", rumours that Beatrice and Eugenie are both dating Keith Lemon and William's splendid new wig provided by the estate of the late Elton John,

7. Meanwhile in Lancashire a court of Sharia Law rules that everyone should walk to the supermarkets naked to disprove that gender is a thing of the past. Scholars agree that all previous clothing requirements were merely a bit of a misinterpretation of the Koran..

8. The news industry is radically reformed so that it builds on trends noticed in 2018 to replace a range of news stories with only ones about terminal illness. Critics say it is like terrorism from an enemy within but the fear it creates very effectively reinforces state control. No one has the ability to move so lawlessness tumbles.

9. Mr Trump, who extended the maximum number of Presidential terms from two to six in 2022, announces that the US and North Korea will field a shared team at the next Olympics. On Jong-Un now being the governor of California, that's "just great - I've heard he's doing a lot for the vegans".

10. Following an earlier review when it was confirmed the Mexican wall should be in the form of nuclear weaponry, Pentagon officials deny it has been a waste of money and that record numbers of Latin people have flown to Canada before strolling into Maine and changing the name of its capital to New Mexico City.

11. A picture of the phenomenon is sent to London where it is placed alongside Blue Mink's 1970 pop hit "Melting Pot" and a burning cannabis plant. The installation wins the 2030 Turner Prize.

12. Second prize goes to "In Slow Motion", an artistic device attached by scientists to the north and south poles which has slowed the earth's movement to delay climate change, the death of classical music and the collapse of the National Health Service.

That's very good, Horse. Get yourself an agent and expand that into a novel. Not much more to write infact. Laughing out loud

Quote: Briosaid @ 3rd February 2018, 11:49 PM

Then so was the one in 75 that sent us into the EU or common market as it was then. Therefore we aint legally in it.