British Comedy Guide

PUN!!! (Short cartoon)

Yacob Wingnut

• Wednesday 24th January 2018, 11:09am [Edited]
  • England
  • 705 posts

Hello There

Another short cartoon from me: https://youtu.be/0b6Hd9CDACE (apologies if it's too stupid).

As always, looking forward to any thoughts the script, look, voice-acting, music, etc.

Kind Regards
Yacob

P.S. I should comment on more things in Critique. I'll start doing so.

beaky

• Wednesday 24th January 2018, 2:19pm
  • Malaga and Brighton, United Kingdom
  • 2,701 posts

I like your drawing style, Jacob. Reminds me a bit of Seth MacFarlane, particularly the eyes of the character on the left. As for the joke itself...terrible! Funny, though.

Yacob Wingnut

• Thursday 25th January 2018, 10:52am [Edited]
  • England
  • 705 posts

Thanks beaky. Very good to hear your thoughts on my animation; especially considering your incredibly impressive credentials in illustration and comedy writing.

P.S. In my opening post I wrote that I should comment on more things in the Critique section. Unfortunately, it's difficult to do that when there isn't anything recent to critique.

gappy

• Sunday 28th January 2018, 1:10pm
  • Oxford, England
  • 2,016 posts

Have you deliberately "deepened" your illustration style? I thought this one looked excellent, better than the others (and I always liked them).

As for the joke, unforgivable, but you knew that.

"Oh, look, the cloud is moving"
"Do you think it's going to brighten?"
"No, that's a north-easterly wind, mate"

Yacob Wingnut

• Sunday 28th January 2018, 7:18pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 705 posts

Thanks gappy! I don't know if I've "deepened" my style as such, but I've certainly been practicing drawing and getting better at it. For this cartoon, I knew it had to look moderately OK or else the "Yes, somebody actually thought that this was worth animating" message wouldn't have enough impact.

Quote: gappy @ 28th January 2018, 1:10 PM

"Oh, look, the cloud is moving"
"Do you think it's going to brighten?"
"No, that's a north-easterly wind, mate"

Damn it! You made this joke before I could! :)