Benidorm - Series 10 Page 2

Sadly, looking at Bobby Knutt tonight in the tenth series first episode I'm not surprised he died of a heart attack: he was morbidly obese - far larger than previous series!

Decent series opener, I laughed a lot more at that episode than any in the last two or three series combined. It's still never going to be as good as the first three series but it's still a perfectly watchable enjoyable sitcom.

What can I say this new series of Benidorm wants taking off air!!!!! It's the stupidest programme I have seen in years!!!! Do the writers think we are so gullible we will laugh at anything!!!! I'm sure the cast have great fun making it and some very good actors in it but it's cringeworthy honestly when it finished I just looked at my friend and said REALLY

Yes, I must admit after really enjoying the first episode - I thought maybe this series was going to return back to it's original roots but I found the second episode very hard to watch, some scenes were cringeworthy! Such a shame as I was a really big fan of Benidorm back in the early days.

Quote: Lorraine Appleby @ 8th March 2018, 8:10 AM

What can I say this new series of Benidorm wants taking off air!!!!! It's the stupidest programme I have seen in years!!!! Do the writers think we are so gullible we will laugh at anything!!!! I'm sure the cast have great fun making it and some very good actors in it but it's cringeworthy honestly when it finished I just looked at my friend and said REALLY

Yes, it's gone the same way as the most recent series of Trollied - which is scraping the bottom of the barrel!

Lovely turn from The Chuckle Brothers tonight. Such talented entertainers.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th March 2018, 10:04 PM

I agree! To be honest they were the only reason I watched the episode. They're always a class act and I must say hearing To Me To You again was a nostalgic rush. The rest of the episode, I'm sad to say, was one of the worst excuses for entertainment I've seen for years, cringeworthy dialogue and gags that were dated in the 70s! I mean a flatulent obese girl as a punchline. Really? How it got to ten series is beyond me.

I should imagine that having set up everything for filming in another country, it's tempting to get as much use as you can from it...

With the depressed hotel staff trying to create cons (rather than out and out incompetent) it does bear a slight resemblance to Hi De Hi really. I suppose it's all about truth in telly.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th March 2018, 10:04 PM

Yes they were great, I saw them countless time live when I was younger and also had the pleasure of meeting them countless times after their shows. The episode as a whole though was rather poor again IMO, I don't particularly remember laughing out loud at all and why are they trying to make Loretta like Madge all of a sudden?

Seeing the Chuckle Brothers was a real childhood throwback. They ought to turn up in Benidorm more often.

What's the betting the father of the son's new girlfriend /fiance is a wealthy Colombian drug lord or something similar?

It's still very watchable.

Is there any truth that this is the last series?

Quote: Monster mash @ 28th March 2018, 8:35 PM

Is there any truth that this is the last series?

Nope. They haven't confirmed Series 11 yet, but this being the last is extremely unlikely.