Inside No 9 - Series Four Page 3

(waits to be greyed out)

I never watched Friends, so what were these? : -

'complaining about the "no-go" topics Friends covered'

Supposed no-go areas included:

The novelty/shame of your wife becoming a lesbian.
Your father becoming a transsexual.
General fat jokes.

Oh, Ta Huh?

The Friends thing is about noticing when we rewatch that they made fat and gay jokes that the writers probably wouldn't even think were funny now, as we've all evolved over the last 15-20 years. (Most of us.)
Has nothing to do with the sort of things that are in Inside No 9.

This week's was my favourite one this series! They never just have one twist, they always have about three.

Three very good jokes that I laughed out before the punchlines.

Nicola Walker has one of those faces that can look so depressed but can also look very attractive.

That episode had one of the most awkward scenes I've ever witnessed. As someone on twitter said - I was on my own and I still didn't know where to look.

The looking at taste in sitcoms/comedy dramas is relevant to Number 9, zooo.

I guess. But to me the recent Friends drama was specifically about how times have changed, and how it's okay to point that out without declaring the whole show offensive. Which obviously I don't think applies to No 9 (because it's not 15 years old).

Thought the last one was good, but definitely preferred the other 3, When the drama is high, you do start to ask questions that don't quite resolve themselves (in the way that I didn't last week, I don't care if someone walks the wrong way down a street in a silly murder-farce).

SPOILER WILL ! :D

Very good tonight with a nice twist I didn't see coming AND for the first time I spotted the hare in the glass cabinet behind Zoƫ Wanamaker.

I thought this week's was alright. Bit of a 5 finger exercise (in a car park in 1972). Enjoyable, but not in the top zone.

I'll have to take a look at another of these but the ep I saw ep 1 was awful. I failed to see what comedy there was in it, at best it was a patchwork of cleverness but that isn't comedy. If they are all like that which I get the impression they are then htf did this show win best comedy of the year on the BCG awards?

Probably people voted who had seen more than one episode. ;)

I will iplayer a couple later now I have my reserve laptop running until PC fixed. But I get the impression from the clips I've seen of these guys' work that comedy only very loosely features. It seems to be more a concoction of intriguing situations and scenes.

And yet the truest and funniest sitcom of last year, Upstart Crow didn't even make the shortlist here. Do people here know what comedy is? Huh? Is that the right one, it's getting harder to see their stupid little faces.

Alfred, all about personal tastes when it comes to comedy as I didn't find Upstart Crow funny at all, but I kind of agree with you about Inside Number Nine winning comedy of the year being weird.

I actually love the show & clearly one of the best things on the box right now but whilst some episodes are very funny others are more about telling a great story with just a few jokes . Not sure that's the description of a show that should be winning comedy of the year although it is so good & often so hard to categorise that I suppose it has to go somewhere.

Trying to avoid spoilers but last weeks reveal was so obvious that if anyone didn't see it coming you should have to hand your TV license back.