Mrs Plonker (Pilot)

Has anyone any info on this pilot created by Channel 5? I saw some details on the StarNow newsletter.

hi there paul I'm james alton the creator and exec producer of mrs plonker its not a pilot on channel 5 but mrs plonker was seen on channel 5 as part of a documentary its a pilot going into production and already had interest from a major broadcaster

kind regards
jamesy
exec producer & creator

Just googled Mrs Plonker. I must learn to stop doing this...

ha ha ha shes funny unique original and has got the interest from a major broadcaster already

Good luck with it James. Please keep up updated. And welcome to the site.

thank you will can you help me understand the process I have sent pitch synopsis and script to the channel and the comedy commissioner is getting in touch what happens do they buy it or what I'm new to all this

kind regards
james

Unfortunately I have no experience of such matters. Beaky is our BCG expert being the creator and writer of The Rebel on Gold. Hopefully he can give you some advice.

I checked out the videos and good luck with it Jamesy :) The character has potential but I'm not so sure about the material because I think the best audience would be kids but not with the Carry On theme. The character for an adult audience isn't really hitting the mark and needs something new thrown in. Something that might work is if occasionally you switch voices to a very deep, cockney voice like you're speaking as an observer. An example would be if you say a gag and it doesn't go down like you planned you can then say something like "blimey, who writes this?" In a deep voice and that might get a giggle. I think you need something unusual like that to make your drag act original.

You should also do something with your hands because they never seem sure what to do. You could rest one hand on the other just under the bust to keep them still or introduce props (fnarr fnarr) to give you something to hold on to (fnarr fnarr fnarr)

Also add more accessories like rings and make up. It must be hard work and time consuming applying stuff like nail varnish and eye shadow for every gig but if you're going to do the drag act you have to go the whole hog and become that person. Make the wig fit better and maybe drop a cup size or two because those knockers are far too big :S

I don't understand, James. Why are you advertising for extras on Starnow if the show's not been commissioned yet?

EDIT: Looking back at my email, you haven't advertised for extras. You advertised for the main cast!

Will called my name! (appears in a cloud of brimstone)
James, congratulations on getting this far. It's a long and bumpy road from writing a pilot script to being broadcast, as I found out for myself. All the business of finding a broadcaster was done by my production company, Retort - I was just sitting on the sidelines, biting my nails. Good luck!

Quote: mrs plonker creator @ 10th January 2018, 7:42 PM

thank you will can you help me understand the process I have sent pitch synopsis and script to the channel and the comedy commissioner is getting in touch what happens do they buy it or what I'm new to all this

kind regards
james

No they usually reject it, almost always if it's unsolicited. If you're really lucky they might read it first. If they read it and really like it they might steal the synopses you gave them to give to a tried and tested writer, then at least you can watch it and say 'Hey isn't that writer really good, he had the same idea as me.' If you send it via your agent you have far more clout professionally and legally so if they really like what they read you may strike gold and get offered an option, meaning first option to commission it which almost always means not commissioning it. Good luck with it all James, especially if you typed it up with no capitals or punctuation.

Alfred's being much too cynical - no reputable company would steal your ideas.