NaNoWriMo Page 6

As long as you don't mention names.

I just done a test run 300 words in time I been on here........It aint gonna happen

It's easy.
You've just got to put your mind to it.

Quote: jacparov @ October 20, 2007, 2:05 AM

I saw a bloke wanking on a bus once, can i add that to?

Ew as long as you clean up.

I thought take that's song was rather good but i was pretty drunk by then and watching it at a mates house (cos of the women folk wanting to watch it). Then we played soul calibre :)

It is a good song!
And they all sung live bless their little cotton socks.

Mitsurugi Rocks...end off

'Take That' is what they say to each other during bumming sessions, and they chose it for the group name on that basis..

Is that really true?

Outrageous if it is.. still whatever gets you though the night, I guess..

Beats Cliff Richard and The Shadows doesn't it?

Quote: zooo @ October 20, 2007, 2:08 AM

It is a good song!

Howard can sing! Never saw that coming.

Any tips for a happy and successful NaNo?

:)

While you're still all enthusiastic at the beginning, try and get your wordcount as high as possible, so on the days when you can't be bothered to write anything you don't fall behind, and give up.

Also writing at night, high on a mixture of coffee, coke (not that type), chocolate and red bull is good.

I've tried writing drunk, and it doesn't work. :(

Yeah I write best at night.. I love the night.. But after almost any amount of alcohol I'm out of it.. I don't drink much now as I don't want to be off my face, I want to be on the case!

If I have 50,000 words about my sitcom characters and plot lines that could be so useful in moving it forward that I think the incentive is high enough. I hope.

You're right about the word count, getting ahead of the game.. but I'll start on 1 Nov which is a work day but I'll do some in my 'breaks'.. (he he)

I suppose I could start early. I have two days off on 30/31 Oct so maybe.. mmm...

i'm a night owl too, unfortunately i start work at 7am (up at 6am!) most week days so might find life difficult.

take a bonus point if you know which quote my title is from(to scratch a man to death)?

Quote: zooo @ October 20, 2007, 2:08 AM

It is a good song!

Wow! That is a novelty. But then again they are just a karaoke group.

Now that gives me an idea for my novel Not autobiographical - just how I'd have liked it to have been.

You naughty scamp.

Take That always sing live! (Unlike most other pop bands) But usually it is only the lead singer, the others just have to mime to the backing vocals. Cos it's easier for the TV crew, not the band's choice.
But they ALL sang live on Ross.

That was the point I was making, Smugpants Chapman.

Singers actually being able to sing doesn't seem much to rave about.

TT are a good band in my opinion but it doesn't 'gobsmack' me that they can sing live. She-it I expect that as a minimum!!!

As for the TV crew, bloody hell if they can't mic up four singers and cue a backing track what a load of useless tw@ts they must be!!! Ye Gods!

Fx

Quote: jacparov @ October 21, 2007, 12:56 AM

i'm a night owl too, unfortunately i start work at 7am (up at 6am!) most week days so might find life difficult.

take a bonus point if you know which quote my title is from(to scratch a man to death)?

Yeah I work those hours too (look at the time of this post!) but I do shifts so I do get some free time for writing and I can do a bit at work.

Is the quote something to do with farm yard sex? (It's OK I'm "in the know" on that kind of thing! ;) ...er is it OK to reveal that here?)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 21, 2007, 6:34 AM

Singers actually being able to sing doesn't seem much to rave about.

It is in British pop music.