Mike Tyson Mysteries

This is a spoof cartoon on Adult Swim that chronicles Mike Tyson's business as a mystery solver. Spoofs 70s Hanna Barbara cartoons like Scooby Doo. First season was awesome. Second season was okay. Third season was meh. Don't know if they are going in for a fourth season.

Norm MacDonald is probably the best thing about the show. He plays Pigeon, a womanizer who was turned into a pigeon by his voodoo priestess girlfriend (which all that is explained in season two hilariously). Mike Tyson has an adopted daughter Young Hee, who was left on his doorstep, then Marquess of Queensbury, a ghost that is overtly homosexual that has a drinking partner, and of course Mike himself.

Anybody seen it?

No, I hadn't even heard of it. Just watched a short clip on YouTube, it certainly captures that Hanna Barbara feel.

I do not fancy this Tyson fella, he looks and sounds mentally unstable during interviews. Also I find the very sport of boxing to be degrading towards men. They show themselves all ripped given children the wrong idea of what a natural male body should look like. Imagine a slender guy wanting to look like these sports personalities, more than likely he would end up doing steroids to achieve such impossible standards, risking a heart attack and shrinking his balls at the same time.

I was going for a puzzled Janeway look and this was the closest I could find.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 21st December 2017, 2:05 AM

I was going for a puzzled Janeway look and this was the closest I could find.

Space Scully?
What are u on about Tardy?

Quote: Kapow @ 21st December 2017, 1:51 AM

I do not fancy this Tyson fella, he looks and sounds mentally unstable during interviews. Also I find the very sport of boxing to be degrading towards men. They show themselves all ripped given children the wrong idea of what a natural male body should look like. Imagine a slender guy wanting to look like these sports personalities, more than likely he would end up doing steroids to achieve such impossible standards, risking a heart attack and shrinking his balls at the same time.

What does Tyson's former career have to do with the show? The show has ZERO to do with boxing. What does boxing and your opinion of the show have to do with the show? NOTHING. But its duly noted. Also, in American boxing, boxers didn't have that sculpted look until the 1980s, number one, and number two, thanks to a systemic history of racism and sexism the country is known for, boxing was one of the few integrated sports that paid its people enough to live on until the 1980s when the rest of the sports world caught up. Also, all was not roses either, as people like Joe Louis and Jack Johnson were DESTROYED by the American government for having champion prowess in the sport against white fighters, and in Jack Johnson's case, specifically for being with a white woman, which even England denied him entry to fight and deported him back to the states in his lifetime.

Tyson plays dumb, but he is quite the astute chap. And his show is a testament to the stereotype he and people assume about him and spoofs him.

Quote: ArticulateMadness @ 21st December 2017, 2:41 AM

Tyson plays dumb, but he is quite the astute chap.

Nothing says "astute" quite like spending time in prison for rape, losing a fortune, and getting a hideous facial tattoo. And supporting Donald Trump, since he seems to be someone you strongly dislike. :)

Quote: ArticulateMadness @ 21st December 2017, 2:41 AM

What does Tyson's former career have to do with the show? The show has ZERO to do with boxing. What does boxing and your opinion of the show have to do with the show? NOTHING. But its duly noted. Also, in American boxing, boxers didn't have that sculpted look until the 1980s, number one, and number two, thanks to a systemic history of racism and sexism the country is known for, boxing was one of the few integrated sports that paid its people enough to live on until the 1980s when the rest of the sports world caught up. Also, all was not roses either, as people like Joe Louis and Jack Johnson were DESTROYED by the American government for having champion prowess in the sport against white fighters, and in Jack Johnson's case, specifically for being with a white woman, which even England denied him entry to fight and deported him back to the states in his lifetime.

Tyson plays dumb, but he is quite the astute chap. And his show is a testament to the stereotype he and people assume about him and spoofs him.

Surely you jest? The show is called ''Mike Tyson Mysteries'' what is Mike Tyson famous for if not boxing?
I was merely expressing that I don't like the guy, even though I realize now I might have gone a tiny bit off topic.

Same as with Barbie dolls being a dangerous role model, action heroes or wrestlers for a young boy growing up must be just as bad.
I seem to have a problem with people who idolize celebrities or sport personalities. Why should people gather around them and cry for an autograph? Why wait in line for them to sign a book? They are just people, loaded but still people.

Mike Tyson has either received too many blows to his head that left him the way he is now or he is just playing dumb for the sake of publicity.

On a side note I would like to say that no one denies that black people suffered a lot at the hands of white folk but at some point the race card needs to be dropped and people better start taking responsability for their actions or the lack of them.

Nighty night
Sleepy

Quote: DaButt @ 21st December 2017, 2:49 AM

Nothing says "astute" quite like spending time in prison for rape, losing a fortune, and getting a hideous facial tattoo. And supporting Donald Trump, since he seems to be someone you strongly dislike. :)

He did not rape that girl. He passed a LIE DETECTOR test and the woman in question failed hers. Tyson was a threat to a lot of people in that world, being unbeatable. That entire situation messed up his career. He's never been smart with money, but the reality is Robin Givens got the majority of it setting him up and faking domestic violence. While I'm not pro-tattoo, his, by his own omission, was done during depression and reminds me more of a Scarlet Letter than anything since the entire world came down on this man's head. He's also had some kids die in questionable circumstances too. Guess he doesn't have the right to grieve on that either.

A lot of rich people support Dotard. And that is their business. I encourage them to do so, so when he robs them blind and they look shocked I can laugh my ass off. However, Tyson "liking" him is purely political. Dotard funded a lot of the purse money for him back in the day and made billions probably off of him. Dotard also promised to Pardon him. And one thing Tyson has always said before he dies is to get that charge off his record, still proclaiming his innocence. http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-tyson-chris-christie-donald-trump-pardon-promise-2017-4

Quote: Kapow @ 21st December 2017, 3:17 AM

Surely you jest? The show is called ''Mike Tyson Mysteries'' what is Mike Tyson famous for if not boxing?
I was merely expressing that I don't like the guy, even though I realize now I might have gone a tiny bit off topic.

Same as with Barbie dolls being a dangerous role model, action heroes or wrestlers for a young boy growing up must be just as bad.
I seem to have a problem with people who idolize celebrities or sport personalities. Why should people gather around them and cry for an autograph? Why wait in line for them to sign a book? They are just people, loaded but still people.

Mike Tyson has either received too many blows to his head that left him the way he is now or he is just playing dumb for the sake of publicity.

On a side note I would like to say that no one denies that black people suffered a lot at the hands of white folk but at some point the race card needs to be dropped and people better start taking responsability for their actions or the lack of them.

Nighty night
Sleepy

I hear you Kapow. Don't think I'm getting offended or scolding you. I'm just saying, watch the show. Most people that are watching it aren't really hip to his sports career unless they were born before 1990. My like of this show is not idolizing him in any way - the show is a great spoof of the Hanna Barbera classics, and Norm MacDonald really makes it. Yes, his name is on it, but the conception of the show as a spoof of Mike Tyson and Company being the only Mystery Solving team that is fixing lives is hilarious, and has zero to do with sports or anything else. In this case Mike is a character. Nobody said fall over and weep for the celebrity. All I said was watch the show and check it out.

Mike Tyson is known for more than just boxing. Depending on how old people are, they may know him primarily as Mrs. Robin Givens (a marriage that clouded his boxing), the big bad cannibal (ear biting thing), they may know him as the author of a few books that he tours nationally in the states (starting with his autobiography from a few years ago), they may know him as the guy that was in the Hangover (which is what most kids born after 2000 associate him with), and of course as you said earlier, the rapist that was friends with the other rapist 2pac (which is another case where he didn't rape a chick but got stuck with a weird charge of sexual misconduct ), or the viillain from Ip Man 4 (yeah, Donnie Yen did that). I personally am an 80s kid, so I know him as the husband of Robin Givens and the 20/20 interview with Barbara Walters where Givens and her mom drug him up with something and he got set up in that interview.

Mike Tyson didn't get that many blows to the head to be retarded. Honestly, its a combination of his lack of formal schooling combined with learning disabilities and social disorders that makes him like he is. And yes, I agree he plays dumb for publicity because he can't exactly go get a job at Walmart and be okay. He's trying to reinvent himself as an actor. And he's okay playing that aloof character (which is exactly what the spoof is on the show). I'm not going to bite the guy's head off because he boxed himself out of the ghetto and tried to make something of himself other than a criminal (which, after reading his autobiography for hoots and giggles was a big possibility). If anything the cartoon shows how desperate he is for cash assigning his "brand" for a show he has zero creative control on. All he is, is a hired actor.

As far as your side note let me just say I never said anyone denied black folks suffering. And yes at some point the race card should be dropped, but until the government of the United States quits rewarding people for their poor behavior of racism, discrimination, and rampant segregation through public policy and the trickle down effect occurs that is NEVER going to happen. A person born in a certain neighborhood with a certain ethnic name should not be punished for the off chance of being born black, or latino, or anything else other than a white male. Not speaking for the UK on this either - America's racial problems are like the apple pie, a symbol and foundation of the quest of Manifest Destiny. That's why David Duke can publicly endorse Trump on National Television and Trump retweets it as a badge of honor.

Nighty night Kapow.
:D:D