RIP Rodney Bewes

So sorry to hear about Rodney Bewes - he gave so many viewers many memories of fine comedy.

RIP Rodney.

I wonder if James Bolam will have the decency to attend his funeral.
RIP

Only if Rodney promises not to tell anyone!

RIP Bob.Teary

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st November 2017, 9:00 PM

RIP

I doubt it. But then if I'd had a fall out with a mate 30 years ago and hadn't reconciled in life, I dare say I wouldn't go to their funeral.

"Oh what happened to you,
whatever happened to me,
what became of the people,
we used to be......................."

That used to be our anthem - my now late business partner Terry and me. We saw so much of ourselves in those two.

So sad. RIP Mr Bewes - you gave us so many, many happy hours.

RIP Bob!

A Chelsea supporter too.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st November 2017, 11:00 PM

RIP Bob!

A Chelsea supporter too.

I won't speak ill of the dead!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st November 2017, 9:00 PM

RIP

What was the precise nature of their falling out? Bolam's wife was pregnant, Bewes's wife had previously had triplets. Bewes told reporters that Bolam's wife was having just one baby? I don't get it. Had Bolam genuinely disliked him for a long while and just needed an excuse to sever their connection?

It has been debated many times (even on here) with no conclusive answer as Bolam would never speak about it.

Here is a short clip that I always thought John Sullivan er - borrowed for OFAH and Rodneys wedding

Quote: Kenneth @ 22nd November 2017, 7:49 AM

What was the precise nature of their falling out? Bolam's wife was pregnant, Bewes's wife had previously had triplets. Bewes told reporters that Bolam's wife was having just one baby? I don't get it. Had Bolam genuinely disliked him for a long while and just needed an excuse to sever their connection?

Claiming to be a very private man, Bolam was livid that Bewes even mentioned him at all in an interview, especially something so personal (I'd never heard of the baby scenario) - least that is the way I read it many moons ago.

And yes, I think your last bit had a lot to do with it, although what that was we will never know. Jealousy? Who knows.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd November 2017, 8:09 AM

Here is a short clip that I always thought John Sullivan er - borrowed for OFAH and Rodneys wedding

Love it. :D

"Scarborough?!!!"
Laughing out loud

Had the pleasure of working with him once, albeit very briefly.
Charm personified.
RIP

I'd guess he won't be going to the funeral.

Very sad news.

Obviously he will be most remembered for The Likely Lads, but I also enjoyed Billy Liar (obviously), Dear Mother Love Albert and seeing him performing Three Men in a Boat live. It's a shame that he didn't really have the sort of continued success that he might have done.