Sitcom writer required Page 2

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd November 2017, 3:43 PM

Is the pilot called 'How to win friends and influence people'?
Adapted from the book.

You're definitely in the wrong forum. Nothing even remotley funny with that comment.
Why don't you actually throw a funny comment at me, and lets see if you can cut it at comedy level. Try again, I'm waiting.....

Quote: funnycom @ 23rd November 2017, 3:49 PM

You're definitely in the wrong forum. Nothing even remotley funny with that comment.
Why don't you actually throw a funny comment at me, and lets see if you can cut it at comedy level. Try again, I'm waiting.....

Oh yeh, and non of this Dads army, Ronnie Corbit 1980's stuff, (although highly amusing) we have moved on a bit since then my friend :)

Wave

Drat, no chance of the job for me with the anonymous millionaire.

It's nice to have a fight on the threads. Just like the old days.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd November 2017, 4:10 PM

Drat, no chance of the job for me with the anonymous millionaire.

Yeh i am not sure your writing style would be right anyhow Stephen. You seem to be one of the old school writers, that didn't really get his break, but with a massive chip on his shoulder. Good luck if they ever bring back Ever Decreasing Circles Rolling eyes

This is getting quite exhilarating!

Post a scene.

Not you, Beaky.
You have nothing to prove...

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd November 2017, 5:18 PM

Post a scene.

Not you, Beaky.
You have nothing to prove...

Lazzard you have EVERYTHING to prove. Another old school loser who missed his break. Is this all you do, hang around this forum, bullying people and hiding behind your keyboard?

Anyway its all sorted chaps, i have been put in touch with a tutor on a writing course at a Uni who has several students that could be interested in this project.

Thanks for your helpful input and good luck with your own budding writing careers :)

I think Ever Decreasing Circles might have some problems coming back, sad to say. But we are all a bit wrinkly on this page.

Who's to say Lazzard's missed his break? We can't all succeed. I don't think I missed my break.

How old are you, funnycom?

Breaks are hard to come by, as you will undoubtedly discover.
Me, I'm just happy to earn a living.

Oh, and, post a scene.

Quote: funnycom @ 23rd November 2017, 5:14 PM

Yeh i am not sure your writing style would be right anyhow Stephen. You seem to be one of the old school writers, that didn't really get his break, but with a massive chip on his shoulder. Good luck if they ever bring back Ever Decreasing Circles Rolling eyes

He got me spot on though.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd November 2017, 6:19 PM

He got me spot on though.

:D

Have you posted Ever Decreasing Circles Mark 2? I'd love to read it.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 23rd November 2017, 5:57 PM

I think Ever Decreasing Circles might have some problems coming back, sad to say. But we are all a bit wrinkly on this page.

Who's to say Lazzard's missed his break? We can't all succeed. I don't think I missed my break.

How old are you, funnycom?

Hi Paul

Its just a bit of banter. I guess you are never too old! I am early 40s.
Although I think certain older writers might struggle with dialogue for an Inbetweeners, Man Down, Drifters style of script. I worked with a guy for a short period who had previously written on the BBC, but I just didn't get his style. Although a fantastic writer, his jokes and ideas just weren't up to scratch anymore. Dated...

All i can say about my sitcom is that it brings back the feel good factor and that is definitely something needed in the world today. Amen...

I wish you well with it, funnycom, and am delighted you didn't flounce off in a huff (two marvellous words there!) as I feared you would. Always fun to have a good scrap.