Sitcom writer required

Established Sitcom writer required for new sitcom project.

The pilot script has been written and ideas for future scripts in the pipeline.

I need a writer to assist in future scripts, adding ideas and jokes.

Candidates wishing to apply with need to complete a ten min short script to show your writing style.

I am looking for modern writing styles in keeping with the Inbetweeners, Man Down, Josh etc

Please direct message with your email address to receive the 10 min script idea.

Established sitcom writers need only apply at this stage.

Good luck!

What payment can they expect?

Should this not be in the 'Critique' section?

The tension builds solidly until the burst of release with the totally unexpected punch line.

Definitely shows potential.

Don't give free samples, especially not 10 pages, in the hope of payment. It's the oldest trick in the book. But professionals would know that. :)

Are you saying it's a con?

They're after established sitcom writers - and have been since January, which in itself speaks volumes.
Established sitcom writers don't send samples.
You'd be a fool to do anything without seeing a) proposal for payment b) the standard they themselves are working to.
All this secret squirrel stuff reeks of amateur hour at best, mildly scammy at worst.

Absof**kinglutely!

Quote: funnycom @ 21st November 2017, 12:21 PM

Established Sitcom writer required for new sitcom project.

The pilot script has been written and ideas for future scripts in the pipeline.

I need a writer to assist in future scripts, adding ideas and jokes.

Candidates wishing to apply with need to complete a ten min short script to show your writing style.

I am looking for modern writing styles in keeping with the Inbetweeners, Man Down, Josh etc

Please direct message with your email address to receive the 10 min script idea.

Established sitcom writers need only apply at this stage.

Good luck!

What you mean is you want an established sitcom writer with credits, agent and contacts to get your sitcom noticed and hopefully commissioned because you as a nobody can't, just like most of us.
If you don't mean this and genuinely need a writer to finish your sitcom for you then you don't really have a sitcom, just a pilot episode. If you're struggling after one episode then sitcom writing isn't for you, and possibly any kind of creative writing.

HI all,

Oh my gosh, this is the first time I have logged in since posting the message and I can't believe what I am reading....

I would of course be paying the writer, on a freelance basis to begin with and should things work out well and the writing is actually on par, better than the current then I would look at making this a more permanent opportunity with maybe a share in the venture.
You are right to think that i have been looking for a while for a writer, but this is only because I have been in poor health and the examples that I did see were not in keeping with the writing style I was hoping for. Now that I am feeling better I have decided to continue with this project.

I have completed the pilot episode and have written a further three episodes with I am sure could be improved upon. I am looking to work with a writer who I can bounce my ideas off and can have some banter with. I think I am missing this at present in my current writing situation.

I would certainly never take anyone on without seeing their writing style first of all. Some of the examples I have seen to date, i have appreciated receiving but the quality and amusement factor have been sadly missing.

I am not looking for a writer with an agent and contacts as this is not important to me. I have my own successful business and that side of things will not be an issue for me due to my own contacts.

Why people comment with all sorts of nonsence before they have the facts is completely beyond me. I am a wealthy guy and this could be a really good project for someone like minded.

Have you applied for sitcom writing jobs, funnycom? Sceptism is generally the default position. There are very few experienced sitcom writers here, in any case.

It's perhaps because you hadn't replied for such a long time, funnycom. That makes people a bit suspicious.

Maybe rather than slag off my post, some of you might like to help? I could maybe take two maybe three junior writers who might be studying a writing course at Uni or something similar, who are looking for a project to get involved in.

Can any of you recommend where I could find such individuals? I am happy to look at junior writers with potential as well as established.

Thanks again!

Put a short section of the pilot up.
If it's any good you'll be flooded with offers - especially you being a wealthy guy with contacts etc
Then you'll be able to pick and choose.
The way you're going about it at the moment is, frankly, weird.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd November 2017, 3:06 PM

Put a short section of the pilot up.
If it's any good you'll be flooded with offers - especially you being a wealthy guy with contacts etc
Then you'll be able to pick and choose.
The way you're going about it at the moment is, frankly, weird.

Frankly Weird? What asking for help to find a comedy writer? Pipe down, idiot.

Is the pilot called 'How to win friends and influence people'?
Adapted from the book.