Short comedy film - feedback wanted

Film: https://vimeo.com/189309994

I made this film on a minuscule budget a couple of years ago. It's called "The Enigma and Mermaid Girl," about two self-important street artists making anything but art. It's been accepted into a few festivals and I think there's potential for a web series, with the characters visiting a different quirky hotspot in each one (cat cafes, adult ball pits, cheese festivals... there's ample places to send them on the London hipster scene!)

I'm after feedback, and advice on where to take it to pursue the idea as a web series, and ideally secure funding (not crowdfunding ideally, I don't want to turn my Facebook into a social media-shaped begging bowl...!)

Thanks.

I'm afraid I know nothing about securing funding etc but have posted a few notes that may or may not be of some help

Hi James, that is a really well made film . I think there are some nice lines in there.

For me I think the film split into two . 1) two self indulgent / delusional 'artists'
2) you then separated them out and we got to see much more about the dynamics of the relationship

For me there would be more scope in developing the latter but I know nowt about hipster art locations / the art world etc.

I'm intrigued as to how she ended up with him , what was her life before and what she's left behind. My immediate instinct is that it's a story about falling in love with the wrong person and only you can't see it

There would be some immediate humour in them being in a cat cafe or an adult ball pool but I'm not sure why an odd hipster location would be funny each time or how the sketch would develop. Is it that each time they would fail in some new way? Would be interested to see what you have in mind for how these would play out

I think it would be interesting to see them forced out of hipsterville and in the real world . That's where I could see their failures being exposed , despite their persistent pomposity and illusions of grandeur

Good luck with it and would be interested to see what you do with this