Murder On The Blackpool Express

Murder On The Blackpool Express. Image shows from L to R: Terry (Johnny Vegas), Gemma (Sian Gibson), David Van Der Clane (Griff Rhys Jones), Moira (Nina Wadia), Laura (Kimberley Nixon), Peggy (Una Stubbs), Graham (Mark Heap), Mildred (Sheila Reid), Marge (Susie Blake), Kevin (Kevin Eldon), Doc (Nigel Havers), Grace (Katy Cavanagh), George (Matthew Cottle), Ben (Javone Prince).

Murder On The Blackpool Express

Comedy drama about a coach driver investigating a series of murders

Sitcomfan64

• Saturday 11th November 2017, 11:34pm
  • England
  • 532 posts

Did anyone else catch this on Gold? Great ensemble but, as is always the way, Kevin Eldon stole it, managing to do a lot with the little he was given. Tonally a bit all over the place and petered out I thought.

gbcomsrule

• Wednesday 29th November 2017, 4:47pm
  • grimsby, England
  • 36 posts

Was looking forward to seeing this, as the cast was terrific, but found it lifeless and very weak. I gave up halfway through.

Chappers

• Thursday 30th November 2017, 12:01am
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,187 posts

Is there a Blackpool Express?

Kapow

• Thursday 30th November 2017, 2:21am
  • Almirante Brown, Argentina
  • 168 posts

Jeez... I need glasses.. thought the guy with the scarf was Billy Connolly!

gb901

• Sunday 16th December 2018, 1:49pm
  • norwich, United Kingdom
  • 364 posts

The follow up, "death in the Tyne" was crap by comparison and dragged on for an additional half hour!

Firkin

• Sunday 16th December 2018, 2:17pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 629 posts

That always happens when Newcastle go to extra time.

TonyT

• Sunday 11th August 2019, 11:24pm
  • Barnsley, England
  • 134 posts
Quote: gb901 @ 16th December 2018, 1:49 PM

The follow up, "death in the Tyne" was crap by comparison and dragged on for an additional half hour!

It took me two attempts to watch the follow up. Maybe I just wasn't feeling it the first time, but when I did sit down and watch it, I quite enjoyed it, though I'd agree it wasn't as good as the Blackpool Express.