Well I never. A Windows trick I never knew.

The title sounds like clickbait I know but I have been struggling to see pictures on here for ages.

When I am reading stuff on here on my PC and monitor I sometimes struggle to see the writing and pictures clearly.
It's different on the phone or tablet as you just do the parting thumb and finger gesture.

My monitor is at the back of my desk and if I wish to read small print I have to put me readers on and lean right forward.

By accident I was zooming in on a map that said I had to use 'Ctrl' + mouse scroll to zoom in and I missed the map and the whole page zoomed in.

Probably everyone except me already knew this but it's a revelation to me. I can now see Herc's cartoons in all their glory.

Ctrl + mouse scroll for ze win..

Er yes.......the Ctrl button has a number of uses when used in conjunction with other keys, but it's understandable what with you being oop north.

I quite often use mouse scroll outwards when I want to do a screen print in a oner.

On some older base units Ctrl Alt and the down arrow ( or side arrows) rotates the screen, which was a funny prank to play

I dropped a book on my keyboard once and the screen flipped upside down.
Of course then you have to google how to fix it while using the mouse backwards and the screen making you feel nauseated, oh it was such a fun afternoon.

Wasn't the poseidon adventure was it - this book?

There's a button on my keyboard with a power symbol on it and I once accidentially pressed it. It cut the power instantly to the computer (like turning off at the plug socket) and when I restarted it I had to run the recovery disk. It took an hour of doing repairs before the desktop loaded.

I've not used it since and am not sure why that button is there. Maybe some people like to deliberately knacker their computers.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 26th September 2017, 8:10 PM

There's a button on my keyboard with a power symbol on it and I once accidentially pressed it. It cut the power instantly to the computer (like turning off at the plug socket) and when I restarted it I had to run the recovery disk. It took an hour of doing repairs before the desktop loaded.

I've not used it since and am not sure why that button is there. Maybe some people like to deliberately knacker their computers.

WTF! That sounds weird as I cannot see the point of it, if it causes that sort of mayhem. Is it red and larger than the rest of the keys, like the big red button on the plane in Father Ted that Dougal took a shine to and couldn't resist pressing.

Quote: zooo @ 26th September 2017, 12:22 PM

I dropped a book on my keyboard once and the screen flipped upside down.
Of course then you have to google how to fix it while using the mouse backwards and the screen making you feel nauseated, oh it was such a fun afternoon.

I did that once, except it turned sideways. I turned my laptop on its side and dyslexically fumbled my way to getting it back upright. Fun fun fun.