BCG Fantasy Premier League 2017/18 Page 8

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 24th August 2017, 11:55 PM

, I'm flooding my forward line with Man U at the minute

I'll let you know how that goes

Well if Lionel Messi can score two goals after missing a penalty
Then surely Lukaku can watch that when he gets home if he's sky plussed it

So much for Lukaku, AND I left Daniels on the bench. >_<

I lost belief in Jesus and he punished me.

Surely Kane is going to smash it today (not the post)? I've seen him in previous August's looking a bit rusty but the games I've watched this season seem to be down to bad luck.

Gnome and Lilypuddle........................always sunny. Cool

26 points and at the bottom AGAIN.

I need another pep talk or use the Wildcard already as I am managing like shit playing shit.

Or I could just say "F**k It" and take up flower arranging.

Oh dear oh dear Herc.

Had I known, I could have visited you for tea and given you some advice.

Against the odds, I was in Suffolk last week - Lowestoft but did walks from there to Southwold and from Southwold to Aldeburgh as well as a boat trip to Oulton Broad.

Where are you exactly?

Just in case there is a next time.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 29th August 2017, 3:11 PM

Oh dear oh dear Herc.

Had I known, I could have visited you for tea and given you some advice.

Against the odds, I was in Suffolk last week - Lowestoft but did walks from there to Southwold and from Southwold to Aldeburgh as well as a boat trip to Oulton Broad.

Where are you exactly?

Just in case there is a next time.

South of there - you know where Shingle Street is and I wouldn't be hard to find as there is only me, two goats and an old salt that lives in a smack on the beach.

Anyway :O You walked from Lowestoft to Southwold ?!?! Must be fit, so if you want rubbing down with some horse liniment, I'm your man honky tonk.

But I digress..............................

Well, I blame global warming what with the wild cards coming in earlier this year, and it's shit or bust, do or die time, and if this doesn't work I will definitely be scuttling my team for the rest of the season.

I'm not sure that's right. The internet suggests that you are surrounded by young offenders and dead Nazis on the beach. It also says that the dead Nazi on the east coast thing is a myth. It isn't a myth. My mother saw one in woods near Canewdon and it was reported in the papers at the time.

Anyhow, at least you have confirmed you are not Peter Boggis although the old salt could be the woman whose house fell off a cliff and who lives in a caravan dangerously in defiance of the authorities. Unless it is a bloke. As Peter Boggis was the last time I read about it although he could by now have turned fully from King Canute into God.

Yes - I did walk it and also as I said from Southwold to Aldeburgh which is longer. I'm not at all fit. I'm very unwell as I carry a lot of acid and did unusually have six pints each night but I still managed to sprint from Thorpeness, unfortunately missing the last bus out from Fort Green Car Park by seven minutes. Ridiculous that nothing runs after 1805.

We got a taxi back (me and a mate who I hadn't seen for 5 years) and it cost a fortune - Shingle Street (which is very convenient for my future tour of Grandad's distant past at East Bergholt and Brampton, not to mention the Ipswich Public Records Office - thank you very much - most kind) would if anything have been closer.

I am not demanding - I will require a four poster bed, tractor lessons and a red squirrel in my room if it is a Friday purely on religious grounds.

(Incidentally, I am placing money on you being the childhood mate of that man who lived at Benacre and collected human remains on the beach - the one with the Italian wife and a son in a Lowestoft care home, now living in Milton Keynes - he has connections with you written all over him)

...Right
See you all after the international break

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 30th August 2017, 10:18 PM

...Right
See you all after the international break

Now he's keen, at the end of last season you couldn't get a word out of him. Whistling nnocently

I look up at him..............I know my place.

Now that August has finished & he's scored for England you just know Harry Kane's going to start clicking into gear
He's not in y team and probably won't be for a few weeks yet
But the Kane captainers should start reaping rewards shortly methinks
Hope he stays a little bit pointless for another week or two

Yes he scored a brace on Sept 1st so it is a certified football hoodoo he has, no question. So more reason for Spurs to have bought Llorente earlier youda thunk. Anyway, you've decided to turn up this year have you after your Costa like desertion last year. Personally I think we should sue you for £50 million like Costa for this disgusting foreign behaviour. Or take the previous year's title away and give it to the noble runner up who at least turns up every game like a true Brit, whoever that was.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th September 2017, 7:42 AM

Anyway, you've decided to turn up this year have you after your Costa like desertion last year. Personally I think we should sue you for £50 million like Costa for this disgusting foreign behaviour. Or take the previous year's title away and give it to the noble runner up who at least turns up every game like a true Brit, whoever that was.

I tried that Alf, he won't bite.

Quote: Splodge @ 26th August 2017, 12:30 AM

I was going to call my team 'Delph and Safety', but thought better of it.

I really like that. To be honest I think the daft punning names are a big part of it. It's been slightly ruined for me by the hoards of people who think they know what a pun is but don't really, so you get names like 'Slumdog Mignolet' and one that makes me vomit into my spacesuit for its sheer overworked awfulness: 'Fer Fuchs Ake'.

The Fantasy Scout site is full of choice examples from some of the stupidest people in Britain. The only one I saw that had the requisite lightness of touch and spontaneity was 'Laurel and Vardy'.

There have been some good ones in the clique but generally there's been so little uptake that I don't feel guilty not bothering to get it into gear for two seasons now.

In any case I'm never likely to beat 'Any Old Arjen' from two seasons ago. Since it didn't raise a peep amongst my friends or on here there's probably not much point in trying to come up with something refined.

Sir Godot (You Knighted?)