Crap TV adverts

Can't find a Worse TV ads thread and so have started this one with my carefully chosen Topic title :-

Please tell me that the V.I.POO ad on TV is a joke, but still no pay off line.

This advert ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L37-3v7DyYs

You are on to something here Herc, someone stole the punch line. I'm not expert, but I understand humour in adverts is simply to grab your attention. This one does that right to the end. No punchline needed because its an advert not a sketch. No cultural specific humour in there, so looks like it's doing its jobbie.

Maybe we could suggest some punch lines, such as "...because Hollywood is full of shits".

I find the vast majority of ads are crap. A lot of them go off on all sorts of obscure business and when they're finished, I think 'What the Hell was that supposed to be advertising?'

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th July 2017, 11:24 AM

Can't find a Worse TV ads thread and so have started this one with my carefully chosen Topic title :-

Please tell me that the V.I.POO ad on TV is a joke, but still no pay off line.

Uncanny because this ad has been annoying me so much recently I was on the verge of posting about it in the things that piss you off thread. It's the worst advert I've ever seen and not just because I think the product is terrible and completely unnecessary but also because of the dire quality of the advert. It seems the new trend in advertising is to make it look as low budget and irritating as possible.

I saw them in a supermarket and they are something like £3.50 a bottle which is very expensive for something that is probably already in the toilet such as a air freshener spray or one of those toilet rim blocks I use that releases blue scented liquid in to the bowl everytime you flush. They cost £1 for two and the one in at the moment has lasted for over 100 flushes and is still going! The ad is also appearing to target a market of young females who will consider it as essential as their trophy dog. Everyone involved in the advert should be beaten with a rubber hose and I would wager the product will not be onsale 12 months from now.

Perhaps the best technique which until now has been my closely guarded secret is to simply flush it away as soon as the *ahem* 'main event' is done. Just reach around and flush that f**ker away asap. Don't give it time to fester and you don't even need fancy air fresheners. This technique has saved my bacon at social events before when I've overdone it with the spicy foods.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 7th July 2017, 10:10 PM

Perhaps the best technique which until now has been my closely guarded secret is to simply flush it away as soon as the *ahem* 'main event' is done. Just reach around and flush that f**ker away asap. Don't give it time to fester and you don't even need fancy air fresheners. This technique has saved my bacon at social events before when I've overdone it with the spicy foods.

Yes.

What's that one with the ostrich? Now that is a good ad.

Annoying ads, lots of them, the one where the adults eat jellies and pretend to talk like toddlers, so so annoying. Those low fat yogurt ads, all annoying.

99 CALORIES???

<SLAP>

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 9th July 2017, 8:39 PM

What's that one with the ostrich? Now that is a good ad.

Annoying ads, lots of them, the one where the adults eat jellies and pretend to talk like toddlers, so so annoying. Those low fat yogurt ads, all annoying.

Pretty much all ads are crap, for one reason or another. More so nowadays, as we consumers - and/or victims - are all too aware of the traits and tricks used to win our favour. I loathe anything that's trying to hard to be funny.

OH-OH, let's not beat around the bush here. My most hated? "...and THATS why they call me, the parking master" I'd like to see him park his arse in an old quarry.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/10799/

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/33569/

although your title is more appropriate for the VIPoo advert. Yes - it is really terrible.

The one where they roll a lot of toilet rolls around because they don't like to say they are selling dogs.,

The toilet adds are pushing the boundaries each time.
The VIPOO originally showed animated turds in the pot.

How long before 'our tissue really gets all the shit off your bum hole in 3 wipes'

I hope the day comes when I have some control over the adverts I see. Right now there is an advert for Tampax Compak Pearl that is being shown at every ad break so it's not uncommon for me to see the same advert for Tampax Compak Pearl 10 times in a few hours. No matter how many times I see the ad I will never rush out and buy some Tampax Compak bloody Pearl because they are of no use to me. I could buy them to use as a gift for someone but that would probaly do more harm than good so it's wasted advertising.

It would benefit everyone if I could specify the kinds of adverts that are relevant to me but I still use freeview so there is probably a feature like that with those new fangled vivo boxes you get with contract packages. Things certainly were different in the good old days.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th July 2017, 10:32 PM

I hope the day comes when I have some control over the adverts I see. Right now there is an advert for Tampax Compak Pearl that is being shown at every ad break so it's not uncommon for me to see the same advert for Tampax Compak Pearl 10 times in a few hours. No matter how many times I see the ad I will never rush out and buy some Tampax Compak bloody Pearl because they are of no use to me. I could buy them to use as a gift for someone but that would probaly do more harm than good so it's wasted advertising.

It would benefit everyone if I could specify the kinds of adverts that are relevant to me but I still use freeview so there is probably a feature like that with those new fangled vivo boxes you get with contract packages. Things certainly were different in the good old days.

So that isn't you in your avatar then?

Yet another apt addition to this thread, and I can't help wondering what the f**k is going in the mind of these ad execs and their customers.

I feel as clean as Cleany McCleanarse who post poo was wiped by an angel with a gossamer loofah.

Well, how clean does your anus feel after using Andrex toilet roll?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXOBN1egbSo

For me, the most annoying ads are those which pretend not to be ads, as shown by the esteemed brit staple: the BBC.

Website newspaper front pages, with blatant advertisements shown thereon for Cartier, Waitrose, various insurance companies and other financial institutions, other supermarkets and chainstores etc. etc.

Hour-long 'documentaries' about Amazon, Apple, Microsoft etc. etc.

So-called 'product placement' in popular light entertainment shows, ad nauseam..

..and even quiz shows that posit questions about various capitalist institutions, that are quite insidious in their subliminality:

OSMAN
"Well.. you might not know the face, but you'll definitely know the name: it's L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology." (Yes, really! That one didn't pass me by, Richard).

I could go on, but I don't want anybody to die of boredom.