Central London Charity Gig - Aid of Prince's Trust

Afternoon to all and any kind enough to take notice,

I am hoping to organise a Charity Comedy event aid of Prince's Trust (just in case the title was ambiguous) and am hoping to find some charitable souls willing to help out....all comedians are charitable souls from what ive heard so how hard can this be.....
I saw a previous thread on here with a lovely "Tara" who asked a similar question and by god have i learnt from that heated exchange (it was great fun to read also - educational and comical). so on that note, a couple of points:
- Yes it would be a charity gig so Pro-Bono would be ideal situation - however we are (more "I am" as i haven't discussed this with my team but I'm sure they wouldn't mind) happy to negotiate some sort of reimbursement whether its travel costs, small fee, buying dinner for the evening or just taking you to the pub after and ploughing you with alcohol and learning about your comedy career thus far (i prefer the latter a love both booze and comedy) - understand that it would be your evening taken up so only fair that you are considered as any other professional would be
- Venue - Intention was to hold it at our work place as we have a large conference room which we intend to use and can take up to 150 people. It is a bit corporate but i believe with some TLC it can be made into a more intimate and comedy friendly venue - please let me know thoughts on this as im aware the setting is crucial.
We have a pay/microphone system/screens for visual display if required
The audience would be engineer/architect/consultant types - all massively friendly (that's our culture - Hecklers would get heckled themselves) and they will probably have a drink or 2 with them to loosen up.
Im really just looking for advice on what ive mentioned, if anybody would be keen to help out a (quickly becoming stressed about this whole thing) nice guy - any suggestions on where to look for acts or forums massively welcome also- Sorry if ive waffled too much but just had like 5th coffee and its the end of the dayWaveWaveWave;)

Quote: Ariel Elboim @ 20th June 2017, 6:35 PM

Afternoon to all and any kind enough to take notice,

I am hoping to organise a Charity Comedy event aid of Prince's Trust (just in case the title was ambiguous) and am hoping to find some charitable souls willing to help out....all comedians are charitable souls from what ive heard so how hard can this be.....
I saw a previous thread on here with a lovely "Tara" who asked a similar question and by god have i learnt from that heated exchange (it was great fun to read also - educational and comical). so on that note, a couple of points:
- Yes it would be a charity gig so Pro-Bono would be ideal situation - however we are (more "I am" as i haven't discussed this with my team but I'm sure they wouldn't mind) happy to negotiate some sort of reimbursement whether its travel costs, small fee, buying dinner for the evening or just taking you to the pub after and ploughing you with alcohol and learning about your comedy career thus far (i prefer the latter a love both booze and comedy) - understand that it would be your evening taken up so only fair that you are considered as any other professional would be
- Venue - Intention was to hold it at our work place as we have a large conference room which we intend to use and can take up to 150 people. It is a bit corporate but i believe with some TLC it can be made into a more intimate and comedy friendly venue - please let me know thoughts on this as im aware the setting is crucial.
We have a pay/microphone system/screens for visual display if required
The audience would be engineer/architect/consultant types - all massively friendly (that's our culture - Hecklers would get heckled themselves) and they will probably have a drink or 2 with them to loosen up.
Im really just looking for advice on what ive mentioned, if anybody would be keen to help out a (quickly becoming stressed about this whole thing) nice guy - any suggestions on where to look for acts or forums massively welcome also- Sorry if ive waffled too much but just had like 5th coffee and its the end of the dayWaveWaveWave;)

Hi, always happy to help out a good cause. Although i'm from London, I live in Yorkshire now, but could quite easily fill a car with comedians and help you out. Happy to help you with your night, have some really good comics up here, all working the circuit and writing their own material. Petrol and a couple of drinks each is a fair deal I think.

Feel free to email me. siwall@mail.com