CBBC's 'Pirates' (1994-1997) - Release a DVD, BEEB!

Who else here, as a youngster or otherwise, was an ardent fan and regular viewer of this show? It was quite possibly my favourite children's comedy and believe it would be well received if broadcast even now.

Much like Tony Robinson's classic 'Maid Marian & Her Merry Men', 'Pirates' was one of those fantastically scripted comedies that was enjoyed by its young, intended demographic, however also had a cult following from students and adult fans of comedy; largely due to its stellar cast (Liz Smith, Paul Bown, Andrew Sachs and Michael Elphick, to name a few) and fantastic production design.

Sadly, there's no clips on YouTube and bizarrely seems seldom remembered. I recall a great detail about it, however am really keen to find a few episodes for a nostalgia fix and just to see if its humour stands up today. Like 'Maid Marian', it would be awesome if the BBC one day released a complete collection on DVD, as I genuinely think that once remembered and re-watched, there would be a lot of folks who would vouch for its quality.

If anyone else remembers it, let's get a discussion going! Pirate

Sorry, not my era. I was 28 in 94 so I don't remember this at all.

I remember it! I'm sure there were some odd bits on YouTube a while back. Would certainly be interested in seeing it again.