Bobby - Comedy Sketch - Chase and Sanderson

Hi all!

Been a while since we've posted, but we're delighted to have been listed on comedy.co.uk sketches! Thanks all!

We've been really busy sketching around, and wanted to share this one with you. Please let us know what you think!
This time there's an undercover cop in the Mafia, but how will the Boss find out which of his trusted goons has betrayed him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHoWhs8VXBg

All best,
Ian

Nicely acted, the mob chief is beautifully sinister. I found the comedy too obvious, unless its aimed at a very young audience. But it was fun, so thanks for that.

That particular one baffled me, but I was curious and wanted to see what else you guys have made since I haven't seen any of your work, so subscribed on youtube and watched a few others. I don't really even grasp why, but the 'Cant Bear the Cold' video was particularly pleasing to me.

I feel like maybe I'm missing something in your humour. Like it's so stripped down and understated, or stated in such a way that I feel like there must be hidden layers of irony or some kind of greater commentary or point to the words as they're being said, that's hiding within the sort of the slightly awkward, slightly over-acted, but possibly just slightly childish and silly delivery of the lines (not saying any of those things as bad points, just trying to put in to words the reaction my brain is trying to piece together from just now being briefly exposed to a small selection of your work.) Maybe it's meant to be silly and fun, and there's nothing lurking beneath the surface just out of view? Is it aimed for a younger audience as Firkin suspects? That thought certainly crossed my mind. Look forward to seeing more videos and checking out your backlog. Consider me officially intrigued.

Thanks for sharing! Keep us (or at least me, anyway) posted when you have more new material!

Also, the fellow with the nice hair has very nice hair. That is all.

Hi all! Really glad you've been keeping up with our work. It's a pleasure to know we have been of intrigue! It's interesting you both bring up the 'who is it aimed at' question, as we've asked ourselves that a few times and the only conclusion we've come to is us! We try to make each other laugh and go for what we think is funny first of all and inviting everyone else to laugh with us if they feel so inclined :) I feel we go for a quite presentational style when we wish to acknowledge the absurdity of the situations. Davida, could you suggest a sketch which exemplifies your thoughts?

P.S. the one with the nice hair says thanks, whichever he is :)

I really enjoyed this and there were some funny moments. The characters and acting were convincing and I played Knuckles with my brother as Fat Sam in Bugsy Malone a long time ago so it reminded me of that with the tongue in cheek gangster scenario. I'll check out your other videos and I think you just need to keep doing what you're doing :)

There were some nice touches here and there such as the camera work and moment with the handcuffs but a few parts stood out which detracted from the overall atmosphere. When the boss walked you could hear a squeaking sound like he was walking on a wooden floor in trainers. If you're not filming the feet then obviously you wear the most comfortable shoes but it sounded out of place and the sound of heels on carpet might have worked much better and given the boss more authority which would have made it more tense. The only other part was when the undercover copper makes the black people comment and is then attacked for being a racist copper. If I'm honest this flatlined the sketch because of the way it suggested all police are racist. It was a bizarre ending to an otherwise entertaining video. Apart from not being true it's never going to be taken the way it's intended unless you're a freak of nature like Ricky Gervais :D