People you can't bear, but it's not really fair . . . Page 8

Quote: Chappers @ 15th May 2017, 12:03 AM

You're just jealous because she is so stunningly, beautifully, effortlessly, sexy - especially for a 70 year old!

Gorgeous lady.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th May 2017, 12:03 AM

You're just jealous because she is so stunningly, beautifully, effortlessly, sexy - especially for a 70 year old!

Love her but she stepped down from the Twittersphere today.

Hope all is ok.

My dear old Nan used to say "I can't abear" something when she meant bear and/or abide.

Mind you, she called a modern coach a charabanc ( which she pronounced charabank rather than the pretentious if accurate sharabong) and crisps were always cripps.

Would you like a packet of cripps, Horseradish, to go with your dinky chop sauce?

I'm having whelks.

It wasn't always whelks. It was other sea things that had eyes that she could easily remove with a needle.

@Comey@Trump@Horse

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th May 2017, 12:48 AM

Love her but she stepped down from the Twittersphere today.

Hope all is ok.

'Spect she was busy at the awards.

My grandmother was the same

She didn't like decapitated coffee
or lasagne (las-anje)
but if a chef (ch-eff not sheff) made it, it was ok

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th May 2017, 12:48 AM

It wasn't always whelks. It was other sea things that had eyes that she could easily remove with a needle.

You lucky sod. My Nan use to be in entertainment, so every meal was a production. She had a Dr Who theme going. So a tin of baked beans was the Daleks, a mound of spinach the Sea monsters* . The worst meal was Cybermen, never attach a car battery to mangetout.

If you say "Lovely" with marbles in your mouth, it sounds like Lumley. Back on topic.

*Sea monsters don't have eyes, so a pin would be no defence, which is where our stories meet.

Surely they were called Sea Devils and they had eyes? Best we could muster was a tin of SpaghettiOs as Bonnie Langford.

Quote: Firkin @ 15th May 2017, 9:28 AM

If you say "Lovely" with marbles in your mouth, it sounds like Lumley. Back on topic.

Laughing out loud

Sarah Palin. On one hand she's a handsome lady. On the other, don't you just want to shoot her ?

Quote: Firkin @ 20th May 2017, 5:39 PM

Sarah Palin. On one hand she's a handsome lady. On the other, don't you just want to shoot her ?

You shouldn't apologise for that. The idiot is well worth a good loathing. Thank God she seems to be taking a back seat these days.