People you can't bear, but it's not really fair . . . Page 6

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 5th May 2017, 7:13 PM

I was starting to enjoy your one woman threadathon Fop, but the double whammy of insulting Berry and cats in one has done for ya now.

But is only because I am currently sitting in pool of my own wee . . . and without a cat . . .

:(

A house without a cat is like a Mary without a spatula.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 5th May 2017, 7:28 PM

A house without a cat is like a Mary without a spatula.

I have never felt more alone. :(

Get thee to CatsRUs this instant.

Have done, but they turned me away . . .

Seconded on the Mary Berry. It's probably just me, but detest the over-the-top 'Grandmother' types on tv, I just don't trust them for some weird reason. (Sandi Toksvig is an exception, though)

Around here,a garden without a cat is an oasis full of living things.

We have tons of birds and animals in our garden, plus hedgehogs. And there are at least five local cats who hang around there too. All this stuff about 'cats kill everything' is bollocks in my experience.

Not in mine.

Quote: zooo @ 5th May 2017, 9:08 PM

We have tons of birds and animals in our garden, plus hedgehogs. And there are at least five local cats who hang around there too. All this stuff about 'cats kill everything' is bollocks in my experience.

I must admit my cat is on his third small bird kill (I've had to chase him out of the kitchen with a sweeping brush as he hid under the table and refused to let the bird out of his sight) but he and the rabbit kind of hang out together in a semi sort of 'you leave me alone and I'll let you roam around in my run sniffing at everything' kind of way.
As for hedgehogs, I've only seen one in my garden lateish one evening, my cat was just curious and stuck his little paw at it wondering what the hell it was, but basically left it alone.

I've started putting food out for the hedgehogs. They are so flipping cute.
Ideally my garden would have dozens of raccoons, badgers, rabbits, and squirrels all living in harmony. And helping me do the washing like in Snow White.

Hopefully not milk. It gives them the shites

Mealworms and a bowl of water.

I love that scene from Snow White, I've seen that film so many times!

How did this thread get to be about whether or not cats kill everything? I can't be bothered to read the past couple of pages.

My cats hunt a bit. Gophers and mice mainly, occasionally a bird. I'm more worried about other wildlife killing them. Coyotes, raccoons, possums, foxes. We have cougars around here too. My cats can hold their own though. Never had any problems.

To the original topic of this thread, I will add Michael McIntyre. I really dislike him, but have not seen even a single second of his material. That can't possibly be fair. But unless someone can convince me to give him a chance I don't think I'll ever bother to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Hedgehogs are adorable.