People you can't bear, but it's not really fair . . . Page 2

Quote: fopdoodle @ 29th April 2017, 12:15 PM

I have to make Chris Packham exempt as he's on the autistic spectrum, but, incidentally, I always had a problem with Jimmy Savile and Rolf Harris when I was a kid, but with good reason as it transpired. My parents didn't get it, but maybe kids have an instinct . . . I don't know, but feeling revulsion for no apparent reason must have some sort of primal instinct behind it

Agree totally!

Well actually I liked Rolf Harris. But Jimmy, Gary Glitter, Jonathan King, and several other less obvious weirdos who've later been revealed as paedos, I never liked.

Quote: zooo @ 29th April 2017, 12:23 PM

Agree totally!

Well actually I liked Rolf Harris. But Jimmy, Gary Glitter, Jonathan King, and several other less obvious weirdos who've later been revealed as paedos, I never liked.

Gary Glitter . . . just found him weird and never liked his music anyway. Didn't find him menacing like Savile or Harris, but maybe that was just because he was hiding behind a 'character'. Wasn't he thrown out of Thailand for being a disgusting twat? I'll have to google it . . . and as for Jonathan King - I remember his website from prison asking for funding and pleading innocence - give me a break.

My next is Tom Kitchin. He has achieved so much in the world of gastronomy (despite serving either a sheep or pig's head as a dish in his restaurant down the road from me in his restaurant - eeeoaaarghhh) and is a nice looking, unassuming and obviously talented guy, but my word, does he grind my gears.

I have had a few 'managerial' jobs, in which I have had to 'instruct' people, but FFS, his style leaves so much to be desired as I got so much more out of people without being a bossy wanker.

Perhaps this contradicts this thread, but maybe I would have sensed this in him anyway.

:S

Quote: zooo @ 29th April 2017, 12:13 PM

Matt wotsit annoys me from the One Show. But I don't exactly HATE him. I hate Chris Packham, but I have reasons.

There must be loads more people, but generally if I hate them I've banished them from my head, so it's hard to come up with more.

We seem to have found a subject on which we totally agree. :D

Chris Packham seems to always have a sneer on his face like he doesn't like you and it's beneath him to explain to you as well, and if you don't know it, then why do you even exist.

Matt Doodah, yes he tries to be too slick and if you watch him closely you can see when he's starting to loose it if he thinks it's slipping away from him. Like, Parkinson, it wouldn't take much to push him over the edge. You know when he thinks he has retrieved the situation because he has this odd short laugh of relief.

Ooh yes, I bet Matt Whatchamacallit is one of those that is secretly an arse behind the scenes.

If I see Sarah Millican on TV I turn it over. I would rather watch Newsnight than anything with her in it. She's not offensive but to me she is the oposite of funny. Instead of making me laugh she makes me melancholy.

Quote: zooo @ 29th April 2017, 3:13 PM

Ooh yes, I bet Matt Whatchamacallit is one of those that is secretly an arse behind the scenes.

I think he never got over not winning Strictly, which he thought he had in the bag.

:D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th April 2017, 11:56 AM

If you ever get a chance to watch the "most famous" of the BBC engineers out take recordings, that is the 1978 White Powder Christmas, it shows Parkinson in his true colours when he is effin' and blindin' at a studio bod who tells him to be a bit more professional when a studio light bulb explodes and he makes a bit of fuss over it.

It's at the end of this. go to about 7.54 to see Tom Baker swear at K9, followed by Parky getting peaky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTfl_sGY1NA Not the swear-fest I was hoping for, but at least the genial mask dropped.

Paddy what's his face from Take Me Out, the voice, the laddishness and the actual programme gets right on my goat. Now a new series of Blind Date hosted by Paul 'O'Grady will show 'em how it should be done.

I'm baffled by the popularity of lots of entertainers.
Ross Noble,Johnny Vegas,Noel Fielding,Miranda,Graham Norton,most stand up comedians,everybody on daytime TV......the list goes on.
Parky has always been up himself,ruined Desert Island Discs bringing himself or Yorkshire into every conversation.Rod and Emu got him though. :)

I never liked Rolf Harris though I couldn't have told you why. Just found him a pain in the arse, but must admit Saville had me fooled.

On comics - David Walliams. He did a radio interview I caught at work once and he whined like a child about how rough his life used to be - which could give me a reason to dislike him, but it worked more as justification as I didn't like him before then anyway.

His playing gaylord but not committing is annoying, but am sure I'd still dislike him if he came out.

James f**king Corden.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th April 2017, 9:49 PM

James f**king Corden.

He is a bit self-satisfied and smug so I can see that - but I wouldn't cross the street to avoid him.

Someone said to me once . . . "As far as I'm concerned, there are two sorts of people in this world - those you cross the street to avoid, and those you cross the street to greet, and you're one of the latter."

. . . and when I thought about it - that's a very simplistic but brilliant way of quantifying and defining what you really think of people, because you can think you quite like someone, but if you're walking down the street and you see them first coming towards you . . . or would you really call out their name if they were on the other side?

One of my own choices now.........................Joe Swash. Jeez I like to punch his lights out - creepy turd.