People you can't bear, but it's not really fair . . .

It is a fair assumption on here that I loathe and despise Donald Trump, but I actually quite enjoyed him on The Apprentice - perhaps because he was suited to the job and could be mildly entertaining, and didn't affect my life.

My only beef with him now is that aside from his hypocrisy and general fascism, his selfishness and greed make me scramble the latest news before I've even put the kettle on every morning to see if he's provoked a war, because they are responsible for making him run for the top job, and that does affect my life.

But it made me realise that there are a number of people that I can't bear for no discernible reason, and can't get to the remote control fast enough whenever they appear on TV. Without having done anything particularly offensive, in some cases not even remotely, but I just can't stomach them, and it's not really fair . . .

So I just wondered if I am alone on this, as I thought chemistry had to be on meeting someone in person, but these people make me recoil without logic, so I'd love to know, as for some inexplicable reason my late Father couldn't bear Mel Smith (he would leave the room, throwing his arms around), and with my ex, it was Eamonn Holmes (grabbing the remote angrily from me chanting "nope, nope") - while I was cool with both of them, but not with others . . .

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours . . . and as I don't have a problem with Chris Moyles, Jeremy Clarkson or Piers Morgan, this probably makes 'my people' even less worthy.

:S

For no reason, I can't stand Kylie Minogue. If any of her songs come on the car radio, I have to switch it off immediately, because she irritates the Hell out of me.

I don't like Piers Morgan, but that is totally fair - he's a slimy git.

Michael Parkinson. No concrete reason, but I really don't like the cut of his jib.

I don't LIKE Piers Morgan either, but he knows he's a slimy git, and I kinda respect that. I guess I'm okay with people who know they are hated, but don't care - provided they do no real harm to others.

Kylie? She's not one that makes me recoil . . . she just doesn't really register at all.

But my first admission is Claire Sweeney.

Quote: zooo @ 29th April 2017, 11:30 AM

I don't like Piers Morgan, but that is totally fair - he's a slimy git.

Michael Parkinson. No concrete reason, but I really don't like the cut of his jib.

Agree, and one word - ARROGANCE.

I recently saw an interview Parkinson did with Helen Mirren a long time ago, in which all he did was talk about her breasts and leer, while she was trying to talk about acting. She put him in his place pretty smartly, but he really was repulsive.

Oh god.
I guess I must have picked up on stuff like that when I was little and he was on TV, and then I forgot the specifics.
So gross.

Quote: beaky @ 29th April 2017, 11:42 AM

I recently saw an interview Parkinson did with Helen Mirren a long time ago, in which all he did was talk about her breasts and leer, while she was trying to talk about acting. She put him in his place pretty smartly, but he really was repulsive.

Jings . . . I remember that, she was amazing, and he was a bit 'how's your Father' in a Carry on film kinda way. Uncomfortable.

If you ever get a chance to watch the "most famous" of the BBC engineers out take recordings, that is the 1978 White Powder Christmas, it shows Parkinson in his true colours when he is effin' and blindin' at a studio bod who tells him to be a bit more professional when a studio light bulb explodes and he makes a bit of fuss over it.

Mind you, behind the scenes so to speak I think many so called professionals in showbiz can be a bit unstable and take on the mantle of being a god. I understand dat dat luvly laid back and relaxed feller Val Doonican had a short fuse and could turn the air blue when he wanted to.

Yikes. I always want to know which celebs are secretly arseholes backstage.

Claire Sweeney is lovely. She's attractive, bubbly and a very talented actress (who was brilliant on Brookside - which shows I'm older than God), so why is it that I find her energy so annoying? It's not envy or its ugly cousin jealousy, which makes me just want to meet her and put those demons to bed because I'd probably want to be her best mate if I did.

However, I could never say the same about Gemma Collins.

Matt wotsit annoys me from the One Show. But I don't exactly HATE him. I hate Chris Packham, but I have reasons.

There must be loads more people, but generally if I hate them I've banished them from my head, so it's hard to come up with more.

I have to make Chris Packham exempt as he's on the autistic spectrum, but, incidentally, I always had a problem with Jimmy Savile and Rolf Harris when I was a kid, but with good reason as it transpired. My parents didn't get it, but maybe kids have an instinct . . . I don't know, but feeling revulsion for no apparent reason must have some sort of primal instinct behind it, and perhaps my request for a ray gun as a child thinking I could 'zap' people I wanted to stop them annoying or boring me to death was a defence against the likes of Rick Stein . . . it was simply them, or me.

She is so stupid, she doesn't know she is stupid. (GC)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th April 2017, 12:15 PM

She is so stupid, she doesn't know she is stupid. (GC)

But that other reality show guy, whose name escapes me as I don't watch these shows . . . let's call him diddly doodar for now - he doesn't bother me, but he should, he really should.

Edit: Joey Essex . . . who's the oxygen thief now? Me. Aaaaaaargh!